Speedometer alternatives? 06 cbr 1000rr

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedometer alternatives? 06 cbr 1000rr

Riding down bumpy back roads or during and after wheelies it takes a while for the speedometer to read something other than 0. Is there anything I can install to make it read gear speed sprocket or at least the rear tire instead?

Old 02-13-2019, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I dunno. Seems like a lot of work to replace a working system. The only time I glance at my speedo is when I'm coming up on a speed trap

If it's a concern, why don't you just use the GPS speedo on your phone? Mount that bad boy on your handlebars and good to go

Old 02-13-2019, 12:50 PM

My bikes well known around here with the sheriff's office lol I play a lot more than i should on main roads. Main reason is last time I rode I did a wheelie someone flashed their lights but i couldn't tell what speed I was doing for almost a half mile and I passed the cop at 70 (in a 60). It's been multiple occasions similiarto that and I can't enjoy my ride anymore because I have to outrun the officers and park it for the week. Just want something more reliable.

Old 02-14-2019, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

You got a ticket for 70 in a 60? Lame. I mean I get why they'd be pissed if you had the front wheel up but it's not exactly reckless riding

Outrunning the cops to avoid paying a fine is reckless though. I've never once thought that speed is worth going to jail for. The cap's dash cam'll pick up your plate and soon enough they'll be at your door with a summons and a tow truck, so keep it friendly and don't make em chase you, cause they don't like doing that

I'd advise finding a less crowded road to play. That way you won't ever have to look at your speedometer, and you'll have less traffic/obstacles to ride around. I've never seen a cop in any of my favorite spots, and if I know it's a road they watch, I'll keep it civilized

Just my 2c

Old 02-14-2019, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by tentacleslap
You got a ticket for 70 in a 60? Lame. I mean I get why they'd be pissed if you had the front wheel up but it's not exactly reckless riding

Outrunning the cops to avoid paying a fine is reckless though. I've never once thought that speed is worth going to jail for. The cap's dash cam'll pick up your plate and soon enough they'll be at your door with a summons and a tow truck, so keep it friendly and don't make em chase you, cause they don't like doing that

I'd advise finding a less crowded road to play. That way you won't ever have to look at your speedometer, and you'll have less traffic/obstacles to ride around. I've never seen a cop in any of my favorite spots, and if I know it's a road they watch, I'll keep it civilized

Just my 2c
didnt get caught. I respect that and I agree but not being rude or anything i like the speed and adrenaline rush. Ive driven like that for 8 years it helps clear my head. It's my stress releiver

Old 02-14-2019, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

What happens between you and the law is your business. No judgement