Someone tried stealing my bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone tried stealing my bike

So i left my bike on the street for 30 mins while i was eating some fast food at a friends apartment. WHen i come out i see some guy in a red shirt and red cap standing over the right front side of my bike. As i see i hear him clip something. Instinctively i yell at him and he freezes for a second and RUNS THE **** AWAY. Sadly i have a torn ACL and still haven't got surgery to fix it and since im still in Physical therapy to strenthen my knee for surgery i didn't want to blow out my knee chasing him. Well turns out he had clipped my ignition wires. My key is useless, i had to hotwire my own bike to ride it back home and to the dealership today. I wanted them to rewire my ignition but they seem to want to replace the whole unit. If they wont rewire my ignition i'll do it myself, i have a long noosed soddering gun, just need copper insulated wire because the thief cut the thing really close to the ignition itself and i don't have the slack to do it without extra wire. Either way, guys i thought it would be okay for 30 minutes to leave my bike outside, boy was i wrong. NEVER leave it on the street without some sort of anti-theft device(s) attached to it.

I just ordered a Scorpio i900 with all the accesories and soon will have an additional 50 dollar steel bike chain to help deter idiots like the one i ran into last night.

Any other tips besides the scorpio, metal chain, brake locks, and a S&W .45 to deter people from trying to steal my baby?

Old 10-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Default RE: Someone tried stealing my bike

yo
well my bro - i feel you pain man....
i myself got a 9mm walther

other that that i placed a secret starter kill switch on my bike as well as a left peg switch
they are wired in series so that u must activate both of those when u try to start the bike..

Old 10-16-2008, 10:42 PM

thats crazy... that alarm is a great deterrent for punks and lil kids messin around but a couple guys can still throw it in the back of a pickup and scram... I always park my bike where I can see it... when I go to mcd's I park it and sit as close to it as I can and stare out the window... lil obsessive but its important

Old 10-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

get lowjack over scorpion they have the same pager thing to tell you if your bike has been tilted off the kickstand or anything. and they have a 99% 24 hour recovery record.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:21 AM

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...ght=lojack+bad

just some lowack, I mean lojack, info for ya... read it through... make your own assessment

Old 10-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My Anti-Theft Device

Name:  4510rounds.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  23.4 KB

Nobody comes between me and my bike.. haha

Old 10-17-2008, 11:44 AM

for every thread that someone with lowjack never got their bike back I can link you 99 where they did =p my good friend has had his bike stolen 3 times and all 3 times lowjack has gotten it back within 15 hours.

Look at it this way, normal alarms page you. Lowjack pages you too. and then you have a chance to get it back with the cops so why not ?

Old 10-17-2008, 12:01 PM

sounds like your friend needs to lock it in a garage, lol! I have never personally used lojack but I was told the price is roughly $500+?? right? I dont like to take chances and I've known WAAAY too many people that haven't had their bikes recovered. Lojack also states they will give you $5k if they can't recover your bike, and a guy I know didn't get full coverage cuz he only financed $5k and figured lojack would cover that if they didn't recover the bike anyhow. Well, when they couldnt recover the bike (lojack can be ripped out within a couple of hours and thrown in any dumpster) they said because he didnt have proof of full coverage they werent going to give him the $5k guarante.... real nice, real nice of them. In everything there is risk. I dont think I would ever get lojack because it catches the morons but not the theifs with intellect, and because I live in the midwest and have a house with a garage and 8 ft security fence I'll stick with my full coverage for now, it's only $25 a month

Old 10-17-2008, 12:38 PM

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67625

and on a side note I'd like you to provide a link off lowjacks webpage saying they will give you 5k if you dont get your bike back. I'v never heard this in my life. they do say that if you dont get your bike back they will refund you the entire cost of your lowjack aprox 600 bucks.

I'm not saying dont get theft though, I'd have both if I was worried about it.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i got lowjack and scorpio alarm on all my bikes..even my track bike.. just cause you never know

Quick Reply: Someone tried stealing my bike