Should I keep or sell my OEM fairings?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I keep or sell my OEM fairings?

I don't really care for my all black/silver plastics, and want to get some repsol plastics. But they are in perfect condition and if i sold the bike down the road I would have all the original plastics to go with. But I could use the money from the OEM plastics for the repsol plastics. I guess what i'm asking is would the bike be worth more if i had the orig. plastics as it would show the bike was never wrecked just upgraded the fairings. I know riding season is about over and if i wait a bit longer I will have some $$ to put towards the plastics.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:24 PM

I would keep them if I were you. Whats to say you won't drop the bike when you have the repsol fairings on there. You can just put back your stock ones in that case. Hopefully that does not happen. Im the type of person who does not buy something that is "unnecessary" if i need to sell something to obtain it. Meaning I don't "need" it. Wait until you have the $$. Call me crazy.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:26 PM

My mindset is different than it use to be. I would hold onto everything for that "just in case" scenerio. the only issue I've found throughout the years is; that Just incase scenerio never happened. So in the end, I stored something that was worth some money, until it wasn't worth anything. Now, i sell everything I don't need. The way I see it is, if can make some money now, its money in my pocket. If it turns out I need something down the road, I'll buy it then. And, since it will be later on, the chances are pretty good it will be less than what I can sell my items now for.

If all your worried about is showing a potential seller that you didn't drop the bike, buy the repsol plastics and then take pictures of your undamaged bike having the repsol plastics installed. Then sell your black one and you'll be all set.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:00 PM

thanks for your guys input, My girl says keep everything that you never know what might happen. I feel if i keep them I will never need them - which is good, but if I sell them I bet somehow I will regret not having them. Riding season is about over and I will need something to do other than brakes, oil etc, so I will wait for now.

I would like to trade my OEM black/silver for a diff color OEM if anyone is interested, black is just too dark.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. Keep the OEM fairings
  2. Buy the Repsol fairings
  3. Get them installed
  4. Make sure you're satisfied with the fitment
  5. Sell the OEM fairings
  6. Upgrade to full exhaust with dyno-tuning

If I ever got tired of my blue F4i, that's exactly what I'd do in that order... If I could find a full exhaust for 06 F4i's