Repsol Tank Pad

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 04:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repsol Tank Pad

Does anyone know if they make a tank pad just for the repsol? The graphics on the tank on the repsol kinda overlap on normal tank pads. Is there one that goes around the graphics or doesn't cover up the graphics on the tank?

Old 03-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Repsol Tank Pad

Tank Slapper. Goes on clear and does not cover the paint. This is more of a cover and not a pad.

http://www.thetankslapper.biz/

Old 03-21-2007, 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: txtx

Tank Slapper. Goes on clear and does not cover the paint. This is more of a cover and not a pad.

http://www.thetankslapper.biz/

Patience is the key with tank slapper. And when you read to not get the white paper backing wet, they mean DO NOT GET IT WET!! Just the dampness on my finger was enough to impregnate some of the white fibers in to the tank slapper material. Can't notice it until the water under it evaporates and then it show a white spot that really stands out.

Some advice from someone that has installed them on his 1000RR. Forget the pieces that go anywhere except for the 3 piece tank set. Stretching them around a corner without bubbling will drive you to a mental hospital. Yes, heat help, but come on, they were cut to go half way over the "1000RR" decal on the side of the rear fairings.

As for the tank protectors, they installed pretty good, time consuming the first time you do it. They don't want to contour really well right off the bat either. Persistence is the key. Get them as good as you can without losing your sanity and let them be for a few days. They'll form a memory to your tank and then you can remove them and re-install them with much better results. Good thing they are cheap.

They are not as invisible as they show to be on their website. When freshly installed, they let the brilliant red shine through. The next day, after the water evaporated out from under them and those little white specs appeared in one tiny corner I noticed the color of the tank wa a tad darker where the pads are and the texture isn't as smooth as the tank. Not a complete waste though, they do protect my tank from my pants and jacket which is what I wanted them to do.

I went ahead and ordered a second look tank bra, all black for mine. Doesn't help you since you want to see your decals.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:48 PM

Looks pretty cool. They should make this for the whole bike. I wonder if they have them for the windsheild.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:57 PM

If you are talking about the tank slappers, they make them for the tank, the headlights, the front fairings and the rear. A multi contour bend is a real pain, dealing with one is OK.

Another options is the second look tank bra. If you didn't check them out, you might want to. They make them to blend in with the graphics. I just didn't want that is why I am getting a black one. They might do a Repsol for a little extra.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:02 PM

Got a link for the 2nd lool tank bra? I've been looking for one and can't find one for my '06 1000RR.