Police Radar Detector

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006 | 10:01 PM
Default RE: Police Radar Detector

No all of US officers use RADAR. There are other devices that are used. Vascar, Accutrak, and ESP to name a few. I would be a liar if I said I never have speeded or rode a wheelie. The best thing to do is just pull over and take the ticket. Most the time you will catch a break!

Old 05-19-2006 | 02:54 PM

I agree with you that trying to evade a ticket and take part in a high speed chase is wrong.In 1984 I belive it was while riding my Kawasaki Ninja 900 I decided to give it a try.Hitting speeds of 130mph + in a 30 mph speed zone turned out to be the wrong choice.Hit a turn that still had sand on it from the winter and my bike slid.When I woke up the bike was bent in half there were 4 police vehicles on location and about twenty people just checking out the mess.I broke three ribs punctured my lung cut and brusies every place and some bad road rash.I was alive and no one else was hurt.I received community service that I served with the American Cancer Society.500 dollars in fines lost my liscence for six months and was out of work for about the same.
Two years ago while coming home from work at about three in the AM I had my 954 and was clocked at 135mph.Pulled right over wasnt going to run at 45 yrs old my bones dont heal as well at that age.I was arrested and my bike got taken away.What happened next really sucked.You see in new york state if you have a cdl liscence and you get banged and loose your liscence they dont give temps to go back and forth to work.Without my CDL I would have lost my job.I went and got the best lawyer I could find and several thousand dollars latter the reckless driving,speeding ,and an assortment of others was settled so I could keep my CDL.You would think at 47 yrs old I would mellow out,get wiser or buy a Harley or something.I am addicted to these supperbikes and I love my 06 1000.It sits in my garage and I just wax it.Its safer and cheaper that way.My advice to anyone who makes a living out of driving,think twice.Buy a Hog or take it to a track.Or just wax it and keep it in the garage and start it now and then.

Old 05-19-2006 | 04:03 PM

I bought a Sensoro Traveler off Ebay for a reasonable price and it is cordless and takes two AA batteries and also has a power cord for in the car use. I bought this one because it was the only one I could find that has an ear plug jack also has volume control. I don't really use the ear plug though because the wind blows the cord around too much. For mounting I use the sucksion cups taht came with it. If you stick it up high on the inside of the fairing it is easyer to see and hear but it bounces too much but stays in place no problem. I decided to stick down lower against the top of my guage console and there it dosn't bounce at all but can scuff the glass of the console, so I stuck a small strip of the soft side of some velcrow to the bottom edge of the radar detector for a non scratch padded cusion. The only down side to this location is that it partially blocks the view of the top of the tach as the needle goes up but that dosn't bother me because I know when to shift and can hear the bike reving. The unit can be hard to hear in the wind when speeding but if you are hauling **** you have to get used to watching for the lights to start flashing if it picks up a radar gun. I do like having it and it has served it's purpose and saved me some tickets but you have to be ready to hit the breaks. Check my pics if you want to see it.
Good Luck