Ooops, took pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Ooops, took pics

X ... if I may ...

Ahem, he posted pics of his bike to share with those of us on the forum that appreciate a sleek, fast, great handling, and sweet looking bike. I did not see where he 'solicited' opinions and even if hehad your momma should have told you, if you don't have anything nice to say ... keep it to yourself.

Usually it takes a while for the new styles to grow on me but I'm liking it very much right from the start. Nice pics dude!

Old 11-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher
Ahem, he posted pics of his bike to share with those of us on the forum that appreciate a sleek, fast, great handling, and sweet looking bike.
Ahem…I appreciate them as well. The “sweet looking” bike part is all a matter of opinion. Once he posted the pics, he SOLITCITED the opinions of both those who agreed and disagreed with the looks of the pics. Plain and Simple.

I did not see where he 'solicited' opinions
Then you have totally missed the point of a forum board and his post showing pics; and as an ADMIN…you should know better.

and even if hehad your momma should have told you, if you don't have anything nice to say ... keep it to yourself.

Please tell me, thou greatness from above? What did I say that wasn’t nice about “his” bike? I ACTUALLY said that I saw a custom painted one that was “Awesome”. Nothing negative there. Did you actually read my comments?

Your "momma" should have told you to get ALL of the facts before “jumping” in to take up for someone. Compared to all the other posters who trashed the looks of the 08 CBR, you found time to take issue with my neutral comments. Again, as an ADMIN; you should know better.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please, share your opinions but if you haven't ridden one then they are uninformed and therefore pointless. Looks? Who cares what anyone else thinks...it's a freakin bike...I ride it. 2200 miles the first month.

I love the styling, that's why I bought it. I share it because I choose to.

Again, if you haven't ridden the '08 1KRR then your negative opinions are just vapor.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

Please, share your opinions but if you haven't ridden one then they are uninformed and therefore pointless. Looks? Who cares what anyone else thinks...it's a freakin bike...I ride it. 2200 miles the first month.

I love the styling, that's why I bought it. I share it because I choose to.

Again, if you haven't ridden the '08 1KRR then your negative opinions are just vapor.

And yet, you spend time responding to the comments you “perceive” to be negative. Your rants about who cares would have been more convincing if you had just posted the pics and did not get offended enough to feel compelled to respond.

But you obviously do care, which is why you posted the pics in the first place; and why you post to defend your decision.

The bottom line is you bought the bike because you like it. Enough Said. I never faulted you on your choice or dogged the bike. It’s not for me…and I chose to stick with my '06' Silver/Gray model. I like my bike and posted pics myself….and I guarantee you…If anyone dogged the pics out, I would not even have given credit to the poster by responding. I am too busy enjoying my ride and the looks of my bike. Get it?

In either case, ride safe. It’s the perfect bike for YOU...and that is all that matters. I meant no offense by giving my “neutral” opinion; but either way…does anyone’s opinion really matter when you start her up? Ok then, ride on.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:17 PM

It's really cute how you validate me, thanks...I feel complete now.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Evan_CBR ... what are ya, 2? Get big boy pants child ... I was not even referring to your posts. Seems you're so vain you prolly thought that post was about you.

And as an admin I did read EVERY post ... will not respond to all your childishness. But will let ya know that for 1 week you are on moderator approval. So you can read this but you can not post unless a moderator approves it. And hey, they all say that they like me so good luck on that one junior [:@]

Old 11-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Retired Administrator

Oh no he didn't....

Old 11-19-2008, 05:45 PM

Sorry I had to bring such behavior into a bike thread.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:48 PM

X ... if I may ...

Ahem, he posted pics of his bike to share with those of us on the forum that appreciate a sleek, fast, great handling, and sweet looking bike. I did not see where he 'solicited' opinions and even if hehad your momma should have told you, if you don't have anything nice to say ... keep it to yourself.

Usually it takes a while for the new styles to grow on me but I'm liking it very much right from the start. Nice pics dude!
If I did everything my momma told me, I wouldn't be on my 5thmotorcycle right now. I can see the need to keep things civil, butimplementing azero negativity policy would make this forum pretty boring, don't you think? Besides, I'm starting to soften my position on the '08, I think X has been using his Jedi mind tricks on me. I'd still like to see a different exhaust though...

Quick Reply: Ooops, took pics