Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ooops, took pics

once you ride one you'll take that feeling to a whole new lev

Old 11-15-2008, 02:33 AM

ORIGINAL: partytime

X, I have to say I wasn't that hip on the look of the new 08-09's but after seeing the pics you've posted I completely have changed my mind. Very nice ride.
Now I won't be totally satisfied until I get one. And to top it all off I just got a Mission Motorsports flyer in the mail today and they have 08 1000's on sale.
Damn you man. Lol.
on sale is an understatement

Old 11-15-2008, 07:24 AM

The 08's are in the house!! I really like that seat cowl!

Old 11-15-2008, 07:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's nice to see more people posting pics, I'm off on a 6 hour iron butt ride today. I've racked up over 2000 miles in ~4 weeks.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:46 AM

Awesome! I have had mine a few months and have over 5,000 miles already! I stay on it when it is not wet.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Gsxr_eater

i am not hating or anything...but how does this bike get your attention?
I personaly think its horrible looking..Whats up with the small tail and huge body..that just don't fit..Kinda reminds me of the newer yamaha r6's big body skinny *** tail..I think it looks ugly...and the whole front end..
the lights are just not goin for this bike..the 07's down will look the best..Come on it's a cbr you can't change the light's..that's what makes a cbr lol..
But it's cool if you like it i guess..

I never really cared much for the 08 CBR1000 looks from the pics on the web, mags etc. But then I saw a custom painted one (in person) and I thought it looked pretty awesome.I think the color schemes Honda used did not complement the bike well. However, I hope Hondadesigns a more physically appealing bike the next time around.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:45 AM

Custom paint? Who cares? I bought this bike to ride it. Opinions from people that have never been on it mean nothing in reality. It's a freakin motorcycle!!!!! Remember????

Old 11-18-2008, 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: TheX

Custom paint? Who cares?...Opinions from people that have never been on it mean nothing in reality. It's a freakin motorcycle!!!!! Remember????
And yet you were the one who started this thread inviting / soliciting opinions. Did you really think that “only” people who have been on it would reply?

It’s a forum board!!! Remember????

Old 11-18-2008, 10:41 PM

The bike is nice, I'm just not understanding all of the hoopla. The bike is pretty much stock except for a few things. Either way, keep adding the mods and the bike will be worth all of the hype, (in terms of the looks of course). We all know it is flippin amazing to ride.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:43 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

Custom paint? Who cares? I bought this bike to ride it. Opinions from people that have never been on it mean nothing in reality. It's a freakin motorcycle!!!!! Remember????
Sure, but you can't totally discount appearance. You have to look atyour bikeevery time you hop on for a ride. For me the biggest styling issue is the squared-off exhaust. The integrated turn signal mirrors and combo headlight / intake ducts are a little funky but I could get used to them. If you ever get a different exhaust config,please post pics. With thatsolo cowl andred paint scheme I couldmake peace withthe 08's looksif the exhaust was improved.

BTW, what were you talking about when you mentioned laying up carbon fiber for helicopters? Do you fly RC helis?

Quick Reply: Ooops, took pics