is this normal??

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this normal??

never had the chance to experience the trill of riding but always liked sport bikes. plenty say i should have started with the 600, but i don't think so. if you have a civic and you get a deal on a lambo, which would you take? most of you already know, but i was suprised at how responsive this bike really is. i have read reviews and asked questions, but nothing beats "on the job training". its like an eager pitbull on a leash that wants to go. this probably makes no sense to anybody but i think i'm in love. does anybody know what i am talking about? you guys be safe and if you are trying to decide on a 600 or a 1000, go big!

Old 10-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Default RE: is this normal??

reserve the fairings that are not destroyed for me ok

Old 10-24-2007, 06:23 PM

Just Started Riding in 2006 and been riding ever since. My first bike was an 06 CBR 1000 RR, and i never looked back...

http://www.1000rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=38596

Old 10-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats fine and i hope you guys stay safe but i dont think you guys should preach it. because i had a friend in the military, young cat and obsessed about a bike for 13 months while on deployment to iraq. wanted a starter bike. maybe even a 250 he said. I applauded him told him its all about just enjoying the feeling of being on 2 wheels. but as guys that where stationed with him put silly thoughts in his head he wanted the biggest and baddest bike on the market. because someone had the same views as you. so little/no experience on a high powered motorcylce, most likely not a good combo. you might say he is stupid, **** i do and so does he now that he is paralized. but the point is young or not, this isn't some bmx that you have good chances on getting up after a fall. you might comeback with some remark, but tell you the truth its like a kid in the candyshop if you dont know that you will get a stomach ache and rotten teeth, the you go for it ALL. so i say bring along these noobs the right way and watch out for them like they were your best friend.

ps. common story for military members and unfortunately it hit home for meso if you got friends/fam let them know before they get that itch.

pss. always time later to "GO BIG-ger" but not if youre paralized now. Do you just plan on riding for a short-time of a lifetime?

Old 10-24-2007, 08:53 PM

One of my friends when we were in iraq went home for his two week break in the middle of the year and ended killing himself on a ducati, I know the risks, hell i know risk, and are aware of the power and the brains to handle it. so thanks for the heads up, but i ain't stupid.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool. didn't think you were or else i would have called you out. But the other dood, come on how you go from a civic to a deal on a lambo? little too extreme there... but yours was pretty subtle. Ride safe homie!

Old 10-25-2007, 06:59 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: baxsom

reserve the fairings that are not destroyed for me ok

+1

Old 10-25-2007, 08:39 AM

Yeah, but for most people... even a "deal" on a lambo you're gonna be paying out of the *** for lol. I think you could come up with a better analogy haha. But anyway, enjoy and be safe.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:38 AM

I do not think it is about smart or stupid one momentary lapse one instant of poor judgment and you can end up dead or seriously injured. While this can happen on any bike it seems the more power the more likely someone is to ride beyond their ability. So it would seem that starting smaller and working your way up is a better deal then the go big mentality would suggest.

With that said ride safe and good luck.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:54 AM

Hi Eddie!! Yeah, you're right on track there. Get the fastest bike you can and see how fast it can go. It's really a blast! Cops ignore you, they were kids once too. And those cars on road, not to worry. They will always stop to give you right of way because they just love a wild and crazy kid on a bike. If you don't have a license don't worry about that also, it's just a nuisance. Gear? Why bother. Nothing looks cooler to the babes than to see a guy in shorts, tanktop, sunglassesand no helmet of course (it'll mess up your hair) flying down the freeway at 85.

Ride on my friend and enjoy the ride!!

[sm=smiley20.gif]

PS It's never to early to make a will and let you loved ones know your preference on rose color.

Quick Reply: is this normal??