NEW MOD's

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW MOD's

Just added a power commander and a Digi gear indicator. During 16K mile check up, found that plugs were a bit black. mechanic said it might be running a little rich. When i was looking at the map i downloaded for my slip on and bmc filters i noticed a bunch of the numbers were to take away fuel in alot of places. Runs much smoother. incresed throttle response and no more pop's due to rich fuel in exhaust gasses. (man i need to work on a new sig. its bee forever sense i did the one for my 600rr any pointers?)

Old 10-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Default RE: NEW MOD's

these bikes run rich from the factory
powercommander maps from the website are notoriously rich as it is. it may take away but not enough. a custom map is the only way to get the perfect air fuel mixture. mine has -10s and -15s for the first few rows of cells

Old 10-03-2007, 08:39 PM

i have up to minus 30's in some blocks. and i only have a slip on so i cant justify spending the money to get it tuned on a dyno, its costly right?

Old 10-03-2007, 08:39 PM

i have up to minus 30's in some blocks. and i only have a slip on so i cant justify spending the money to get it tuned on a dyno, its costly right?

Old 10-04-2007, 01:17 PM

costly is a subjective term
average is 300 bucks
is 300 bucks a worthwhile investment to make your bike run its best. only you can answer that.
also revving the bike in neutral has been known to foul the plugs as well because it dumps fuel into the cylinders but cant burn it all off when the rpms drop back down

Old 10-04-2007, 08:29 PM

Hey its better to be rich then lean. If the bike is running find then leave it alone. Forget what the plugs look like its like (Baxsom) said these bike run on the rich side I thank honda did that for cooling. Besides with the bmc filters more air more fuel = power. Also what kind of riding do you do. I mean everybody's always saying get adyno tune. Look save your money dyno tunes aren't ****. I had my bike dyno tune and most of the time it ran like ****. Cause what people don't know is when tuning with a dyno, The person tuning it is going to try to get max power. So with that in mind changes in the weather in the temp, or even day and night the bikes going to run different. That's why I say ride the bike read up on the power commander. Play around do your own tuning. I read so much how people tune more on street (riding the bike) making more power then on the dyno. Believe me I'm one of them, also look at the racers how do they tune there bike yeah maybe base line on a dyno, But almost of the tuning is done with rider feedback. One more thing the only thing you need to worry about is if one plug differs from another like say if one was darker then another then you have a problem maybe a misfire.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:11 PM

yea, i only do street ridong, and when i uploaded the yosh slip on map from power commander.com i could tell it was a lot smoother and rev'd a bit quicker. not as much black smoke from exhaust when rev'e either. runs like a champ. now if only i could figure out the problem i have been having with the tranny (4th to 5th gear) it would be perfect. but it seems noone has been able to give me strait up advice on my tranny issue.