New CBR coming soon... Like this week!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm shopping for a fender eliminator for it right now but cant make a descision. I like the way the bikelitez and hotbodies kits look but I keep reading they are a lot of trouble. Do you have to cut on the bike to get these kits to fit?

Old 07-25-2009, 06:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I first saw the new design for the 1000rr, I had a hard time getting use to it. The bike has really grown on me and your new 08 is a sick looking machine. Congrats.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by pj4553
Hey everyone, I just sold my R6 today and I'm ready to buy my first liter bike. I've always had a secret crush on the CBR's so thats what I'm getting.
I have a question for you. I currently own a Ninja 650r. I've been riding a while and am looking for a new bike. I definitely want an inline bike, the twin is fun but I'm looking for something a little more.
My friend is on a 2 week honeymoon and let me borrow his 08 1000rr. Same color scheme as your new baby! This bike is outstanding! Effortless power, very flickable and ultra smooth! I am trying to decide between a new 09 R6 or a new CBR 1k. What advice would you have for me? Pros and cons of each? I do mostly daily commuting and weekend canyon runs. I'm a pretty aggressive rider and i know Im ready for either bike. I don't have any way to ride a 600 so I can't give a comparison. Thanks!

Old 07-27-2009, 11:01 PM

ergos on the R6 suck and its more suited to the track. Take both for a test drive and see which one fits. I just recently went to the blade and i love it. I was in between the new ninja 600 and the blade and it wasn;t until i test rode them back to back that I realised the blade was for me. If you are looking for more power you'll get tired of the r6 in a matter of months.
just be careful on the 1k.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have been eyeballing a left over '08 they have locally, $3500 off. I just know it will be nowhere near the comfort of my F4i though, especially 2 up. Sure are beautiful bikes though. Congrats!

Old 07-28-2009, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by jsinnott
ergos on the R6 suck and its more suited to the track. Take both for a test drive and see which one fits. I just recently went to the blade and i love it. I was in between the new ninja 600 and the blade and it wasn;t until i test rode them back to back that I realised the blade was for me. If you are looking for more power you'll get tired of the r6 in a matter of months.
just be careful on the 1k.
Thats the problem. I can't test ride bikes around here. I wouldn't have purchased my Kawi 650r if i was able to test a couple out before i bought it. Its all based on I-net reviews when buying a bike. I love the look of the yamaha's but from what i hear the CBR is a better all around street bike. I'll keep sitting on both of them and read up all i can before i make any purchases.
Was there noticeable lag on the 600 in lower RPM's? What was the deciding factor between the kawi and the Honda?

Old 07-28-2009, 01:41 PM

I did some research for about a month and found that as far as 6's go the 09 ninja and the daytona were the best (from online reviews). The big selling point for the 09 ninja is improved mid range. I rode the ninja first and sure, it did have better handling, midrange, it sounded awesome, brakes were incredible but...... it was still a 6 and still had the midrange of a 6 to be honest. Don;t get me wrong this bike would be awesome on a track. I then rode the CBR and straight away i was struck by the torque it had in every gear. By the time i got to first trafffic light i realised the 1K was for me. (by the way the brakes are super responsive)
Ultimately you should ask yourself what you need from your next bike and if you have the correct attitude for a 1 litre. I wanted something less common on the roads (this is why i didn't get a GSXR 750), good commuter, nimble in the twisties, something with better midrange (couldn't afford a duc 848) and something that made me think "god damn" everytime i walked into my garage.

As for ergos, i found the CBR better on my wrists than the kawi over the 30min ride I took each bike on. I went from a ZZR600 (sport tourer) which which has nice ergos. My theory is that I would rather go through some pain to sit on my CBR. .... I look at my CBR every day (this might sound pathethic) and I think "god damn". The kawi would have never sparked this reaction. (no offense, personal choice)

again, i will say one thing about the 1K. You need to be careful dude. There is no forgiveness for mistakes on a liter bike and you need to treat it with respect.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

perfect choice, the 08 is by far the best bike I have ever ridden in my life.

I got the bikelitez one for my 08 and other then 4 of the LED's on the right side were out I LOVED it. they told me i could ship it back and get a swap out for free but I didnt feel like it and the bike got stolen but anyway... the hotbodies have TERRIBLE color match it looks horrible from everyone i've ever seen in person

Old 07-30-2009, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
perfect choice, the 08 is by far the best bike I have ever ridden in my life.

I got the bikelitez one for my 08 and other then 4 of the LED's on the right side were out I LOVED it. they told me i could ship it back and get a swap out for free but I didnt feel like it and the bike got stolen but anyway... the hotbodies have TERRIBLE color match it looks horrible from everyone i've ever seen in person
how was the install?