Need some Help please.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some Help please.......

I about to make my first Mods to my new 06 1K and am a little confused on what I'm doing. I was betting most of you have already done some of these.

I got a Clear Alt integrated taillight, and know good plane as to how I go about installing it. Also I bought a set of flush mount fronts from a local dealer that seem easy enough to do, but he also gave me a device to slow down the blink rate. That I have no idea where it goes. He stated the my taillight came with it own but I needed this other for the fronts.

I hope one of you understand what I trying to say here? Below I'm going to try an insert two pictures of what I bought.

Please pass along any advice you may have from me, pictures really help me too.

THANKS

[IMG]local://upfiles/12048/77959A22B98A4F8ABABE01A9982697A7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12048/49B517962C8A4A73AF417C51C0EF0A62.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-05-2006, 04:59 AM
Default RE: Need some Help please.......

Ok. As far as the flasher rate, you don't really need to plug that thing in. It will flash faster than normal once the flushmount signals are installed up front, but will work just as well if you leave that part off. Your choice. I'm not 100% sure where it goes since I never used one. It basically acts like a resistor inline and causes it to slow down the blink rate.
With your flushmount signals, they will only blink since they're just two wire design. They won't constantly be on as running lights. The red is hot and the black is the ground lead. Your bike's oem signals have 3 wires. One for constant power (running light feature), one for interrupted power (turn signal blinking) and the ground. I don't know what colors the bike's wires are on yours, but I'm almost positive the ground will either be green or black. One of the three wires from your bike won't be used, so cut it and wrap the end with electrical tape or a terminating plug to prevent a short. The remaining wire will go on the flushmount signals red wire. It'll be trial and error a little, so make sure your battery doesn't go dead while you're testing it.

Old 11-05-2006, 08:03 PM

install the resistor to slow the blinkers in parrelell .that means connect it across the two leeds coming out of the light the resistor sometimes heats up so make sure it isn't touching any plastic .

Old 11-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Retired Administrator

That's not a resistor in his picture, it's a new flasher that will change the flash rate. I'm not sure how it works on your bike, but on the 600RR, the flasher is part of the speedo cluster so there's no way to change it and I don't think you would get good results for having two flashers wired up.

If you have stock in the front OR rear, then adding LEDs will flash really fast. I changed both front and rear on mine so I had to add resistors to each side, otherwise, the flash was to the point you could not see it. If you looked really close when it was dark, you could see a fast flicker.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:59 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: doncollins

That's not a resistor in his picture, it's a new flasher that will change the flash rate. I'm not sure how it works on your bike, but on the 600RR, the flasher is part of the speedo cluster so there's no way to change it and I don't think you would get good results for having two flashers wired up.

If you have stock in the front OR rear, then adding LEDs will flash really fast. I changed both front and rear on mine so I had to add resistors to each side, otherwise, the flash was to the point you could not see it. If you looked really close when it was dark, you could see a fast flicker.

Yep, I agree, it's a flasher. You need an Variable Load Electronic Flasher to help with the lack of current draw to maintain a normal blink rate. Our bikes use Thermal flashers if I'm correct, and since the current draw is MUCH lower with the LED's, the turn signals will flash a lot faster than normal. Does it hurt anything? No, but if you want to retain your stock"ish" flash rate, you need the Electronic Flasher to be installed.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:24 PM

Thanks for the info,

I installed everything this weekend, and though the Flush mounts I got are not the top of the line they seem to work fline. I did use the resistors that came with my taillight and that slowed the flash rate down a bit. All in all I'm happy with the out come.

Next is a FE......