Need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

I have had my 06 CBR parked in my enclosed trailer for about a month. This past Saturday it was decently warm so I got it out and did a little riding. She fired right up but the battery was a little weak. I needed to get some stuff out of the trailer yesterday and the battery just couldn't get it fired up before it completely dumped. So I took it in the shop and hooked it up to the battery charger for a little while and it fired up after 20 minutes. So to make a long story short when I got to the shop this morning I hooked the charger up again just to make sure the battery had a good charge. Well a couple hours later I went to start up the bike and it tried to fire up but it just wouldn't catch and eventually all it would do is just turn over with no effort in trying to fire. Any ideas what the heck I have done? Could I have fouled out the spark plugs?

Old 12-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Default RE: Need help

Normally I'd guessfouled plugs, water in the fuel system or a problem with the fuel pump / injectors. But since you just had it running a few days ago I'm not sure what to think. This sounds similar to a thread I saw on 1000rr.net, and if I remember rightthe bike fired up again after the battery was replaced.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this problem with my F4i. I replaced the battery and the problem was solved.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:57 AM

Sounds wierd that replacing a charged battery would fix the problem but when i did try firing it up this morning the battery died quickly so I guess I will try that first.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:16 AM

If you're the BadX I guess I get to be the good one?

Old 12-05-2008, 06:44 AM

ORIGINAL: BadX

Sounds wierd that replacing a charged battery would fix the problem but when i did try firing it up this morning the battery died quickly so I guess I will try that first.
I thought so too since I was doing the same things you are doing. I basiclly said "F" it and took a shot in the dark with the new battery. Turns out that was the problem. When I had gotten the bike, the guy had it in his garage and started it once a month, so yeah I'd say it is the battery, but I am by no means a tech.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:10 AM

I had the same symptoms so I just replaced my battery. I've heard these batteries don't last too long and you should have them on a battery tender overnight.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:53 AM
June 2009 ROTM

1st change thebattery, then start looking into the charging system. Chances are the battery just won't hold the charge, so even fully charged it won't stay that way long.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

There is also a chance that all of that slow cranking could have fouled plugs too. So you may need a battery, but dont completely rule out fouled plugs either. Its very easy to do when its cold out.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:25 AM

ORIGINAL: TheX

If you're the BadX I guess I get to be the good one?
I had a VTX 1300 Retro and turned it into a pro street bike and thought it looked "Bad" in a good way so I took up the name BadX and have kept it on all the messege boards. Plus if guys on are here from the VTXOA they will recognize me pretty quick too

It was fun to ride but nothing like the CBR