My 1000rr is getting boring

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My 1000rr is getting boring

as for me the 1000rr 2006 is my first bike .. and when i went to get it i didnt know much about bike actualy i know none so the dealer man could convince me of adding turbo to it and a lot of other **** (not that he wanted to make it fast for me but he seen i had a lot of cash so he wanted to made extra money in his pocket)... well i dont think i will ever get bored of this bike not even in 100 years.... i have a lot of fun just riding on slow speed ...+ when i woke up every morning and look at it in the garage thats a lot of fun .....lol i wish if i know how to ride fast like u guys....i just dont know

[IMG]local://upfiles/12021/2264FEF68F8E453ABD5E79591A6C5712.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-31-2006, 11:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If all else fails buy the zx-14r is my last suggestion.....

Too bad it's but ugly eh?

Old 10-31-2006, 12:16 PM

Nothing personal but that dealer is a piece of ****.First of all he sold you something over your head,second he had the ***** to try and put a turbo on that bike.I wonder how many young men he has killed or injured.The other thing is some people on this board dont know how to go fast they just go fast and hope for the best.anyway good luck.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:25 PM

I've been watching this post since the day it was put up here. I've tried very hard to keep myself from posting on this topic but I have to give my 2 cents. How old are you NC CBR1K? I've been around motorsports my entire life. I make my living off of people being bored with what they have, and I'm not being a smart a$$ by saying this but I've seen many people come through the door and say they are bored with something before they have even explored or pushed the limits of what it is that they have. I highly doubt, and I could be wrong here, but I highly doubt that you have pushed the limits of this bike on the street. Granted you may have gotten use to the acceleration of this bike and it may seem boring to you. But I would venture a guess in saying that it is boring because of the way you are riding it. If dropping hundreds of dollars on a turbo or a NOS system and you have the extra bills to do it and that is going to make it fun for you again then I say do it. However before you even push the limits of that you will be bored with that and it will be on to the next thing. I agree with some of the others posters in saying that maybe the track is where you will find fun again but I'm sure you will get bored with that in time because you will reach an area of comfort. Step out of your comfort zone and that alone will make it fun again both on the street and on the track. Like I said, I have been wrong before so I may be completely off base with my comments. If that is the case tell Rossi and Hayden I say what's up and you can call me out when you give your first victory interview on SPEED because if your that good with a 1000cc bike I'd say you belong out there and not riding around on the streets.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:38 PM

bechs14 if simo1000rr came into the store with cash wanting to install a turbo on his new RR would you do it knowing its his first bike.
ORIGINAL: simo1000rr

as for me the 1000rr 2006 is my first bike .. and when i went to get it i didnt know much about bike actualy i know none so the dealer man could convince me of adding turbo to it and a lot of other **** (not that he wanted to make it fast for me but he seen i had a lot of cash so he wanted to made extra money in his pocket)... well i dont think i will ever get bored of this bike not even in 100 years.... i have a lot of fun just riding on slow speed ...+ when i woke up every morning and look at it in the garage thats a lot of fun .....lol i wish if i know how to ride fast like u guys....i just dont know

Old 10-31-2006, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: hondacbr1000

bechs14 if simo1000rr came into the store with cash wanting to install a turbo on his new RR would you do it knowing its his first bike.
ORIGINAL: simo1000rr

Well I'm lucky I am not in the business of turbos because then I would have a moral judgement on my hands now wouldn't I. I work with suspension systems and luckily I am out of dealing with the public and have moved into the private sector. But when I worked in the motorcycle industry and dealt with the public, most of the time people came into the shop knowing what it is that they wanted. Notice I said wanted, not needed. There were many of times we built systems that were well beyond the rider's need. Why, not because my boss wanted to steal money from these people but because these people thought they needed it or wanted it. Upon talking with this type of person your not going to win so you do the work. Why, because the customer is always right. They have cash and someone told them they should have this and that is what they wanted. If you don't sell it to them, they will go down the way and purchase it from a competitor. I never once advised a guy to purchase something in excess of what he or she needed. If I thought he needed it, then I told him I thought so. If I thought it was more than he needed, I told him that as well. With that being said. To answer your question honestly and fairly I would probably try to talk him out the turbo, but if he still wanted to do it in the end you sell it to him. He is obviously going to purchase it so why not have him purchase it from me rather than a competitor.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:52 PM

I dont know I dont think I would sell anything they couldnt handle.I mean what if they got seriously hurt, wouldnt it bother you?Trust me there aint nobody out there that likes to make money like I do but thats blood money and I dont want it.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:45 PM

I dont know I dont think I would sell anything they couldnt handle.I mean what if they got seriously hurt wouldnt it bother you.Trust me there aint nobody out that likes to make money like I do but thats blood money and I dont want it.
Like I said, I'm glad I don't have to make a decision like that. What your saying can go for any performance mod out there. The only thing is that if someone wants it, they can get it. If you refuse to sell it to him, he'll take his business elsewhere. Who are you to say that he isn't ready for a turbo. I've seen many kids hop onto dirt bikes people said they weren't ready for and do just fine. I have also seen the other side of it so I understand where you are coming from. All I can say is I am glad I work in the private sector and don't have to make moral decisions like that.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:57 PM

Not all performance mods are going to take you down the quarter mile in 8 sec. like a turbo could.And who am I to decide if he is ready for a turbo or not.I would be his best friend.
ORIGINAL: bechs14

I dont know I dont think I would sell anything they couldnt handle.I mean what if they got seriously hurt wouldnt it bother you.Trust me there aint nobody out that likes to make money like I do but thats blood money and I dont want it.
Like I said, I'm glad I don't have to make a decision like that. What your saying can go for any performance mod out there. The only thing is that if someone wants it, they can get it. If you refuse to sell it to him, he'll take his business elsewhere. Who are you to say that he isn't ready for a turbo. I've seen many kids hop onto dirt bikes people said they weren't ready for and do just fine. I have also seen the other side of it so I understand where you are coming from. All I can say is I am glad I work in the private sector and don't have to make moral decisions like that.

Old 10-31-2006, 04:10 PM

simo1000rr I apologize if I have offended you and picked on you.I didnt mean no harm its just that it pisses me off when dealers take advantage of people.As far as the RR being your first bike I think you should have started smaller but be carefull.Things happen real quick when you wack that throatle open.I know what you mean about looking at the bike sitting in the garage.The RR is bad *** looking and looks fast standing still.Be safe I want on this board for years and years to come.

Quick Reply: My 1000rr is getting boring