modd question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modd question?

As anyone thought in this forum of tinting their high beam.
i have been thinkin about it but don't know about how hot it will get or if it will melt the tint.
just thinkin about ideas that don't require spending to much money.

By the way do you guys have any ideas that you don't mind sharing?
would appreciate it. im bored and need to do something with the bike since I can't ride it.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Default RE: modd question?

Are you wanting to tint the high beam so you can ride with it on? If so, are you trying to tint the lense cover or the actual bulb. A guy came through the shop the other day on a 600rr and he had lense covers on his lights, not the film but they were actually hard plastic covers that were held on with velcro.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:48 AM

I have one lens cover also..but its not tinted. Juz clear plastic..its not advisable to use a tinted one on the CBR1K cause the light produce on the stock headlight in not intense(focused). You'll end up not seeing anything.. [8D]

Old 12-14-2006, 09:40 PM

so even if i buy a tinted lense do you guys think its a bad idea?
I was thinkin of runnin the high beam on but didn't wanna get anybody (cagers) pi$$ed cause its to bright.
plus wannted to make it a little diffrent

what do you fellas think?

Old 12-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I'm following people at night around the city (and I see that my high beams are hitting their mirrors), I'll shut it off. Other than that, I usually always have my high beams on. But I just ordered an HID kit for the bike, so I don't think that the high beams are going to be nessesary at night anymore, just during the daytime. (If they work like I hope, I'll let everyone know where I got them from and how much.)

Plus, if you do tint your high beams, just make sure that you realize that you don't have a high beam anymore, which could suck if you are on the highway late at night and have no street lights around.

But I do know that tint and vinyl shops around here have this headlight protective tint stuff that's really thick, and you can do any color. You might want to check here if you really want to tint your high beam.

Old 12-15-2006, 11:13 PM

The best thing I have found is if you take the bike turn it on and face it against a wall or garage from 3-4 feet with the lights on and the bike on a level surface you can turn the phillips head screw on the outside of the light housing. By turning the screw to the right lowers the high beam, this angles the light out of the other motorist's eyes. I have mine setup so I always have the high beam on, and never have any issues.

Old 12-16-2006, 08:23 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, adjusting it would be a better idea. For some odd reason, i always thought the headlights were in a fixed position (meaning if you adjust the high beam, the lowbeam would move along with it.)

Old 12-16-2006, 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRHESS

The best thing I have found is if you take the bike turn it on and face it against a wall or garage from 3-4 feet with the lights on and the bike on a level surface you can turn the phillips head screw on the outside of the light housing. By turning the screw to the right lowers the high beam, this angles the light out of the other motorist's eyes. I have mine setup so I always have the high beam on, and never have any issues.
+1

Old 12-17-2006, 09:27 PM

maybe a dumb question but:
wouldn't lowering the high beam down, make you lose visibility?

Old 12-17-2006, 11:12 PM

I have mine lowered and haven't had any problems even on back roads with no illumination!

[quote]ORIGINAL: cbrrookie

maybe a dumb question but:
wouldn't lowering the high beam down, make you lose visibility?

Quick Reply: modd question?