may never ride agian

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: may never ride agian

I'm glad tohear you are recovering well. Hope you get back riding again soon.

Before my wife and I got married, our neighbor got into a serious accident. He was around 35 Years old at the time riding an older CB750 when an old lady pulled out in front of him. He went from being an awesome athletic person to being confined to a wheel chair. He survived, but it was such a lifestyle change that we weren't ready for. His son is my daughter’s age,10 at the time, and I know it kills him to think about the fun times he'll miss playing basketball or baseball with his son. I didn't even own my motorcycle at the time, and when I discussed buying one with my wife a few years later, I knew that was the first thing she would bring up. I told her that I have to live my own life, and not live in fear of what might happen. That's just me. He's really the only person I know who has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, and that's always in the back of my mind just before I think I might want to do something stupid. I really love riding my bike, I love everything about it, except paying insurance, and since I've discovered track days, I get my shot of adrenalin there instead of the street. My point is that somethingunfortunatecan happen to anyone at anytime, and you shouldn't give up what you love doing because of that. It wouldn't have mattered if it was a 250, 600 or 1K. This old lady was not prejudiceto the displacement; it was justan accident that she also has to live with. If you really love riding, then it's a no brainer to get back in the saddle.

Just my thoughts.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:13 AM

That's really scary and coming out as well as you did is a blessing, thankgod you're ok. I had a mishap about two years ago on my 03 R1. I was riding a little fast on a side street, 45 or so and came to a traffic circle. A lady in a minivan hit the circle first and turned left directly in front of me. Hit the rear brakes, rear started to slide out, hit a combination of both, not enough. Hit the front brakes hard and the bike flipped perfectly on it's seat and slid to a stop with minimal damage. I was projected through the air at I'm guessing around 40 mph just like superman. Unfortunately I landed on my butt and side and broke my hip, most of the ribs on my right side and right side collarbone. I tried to get up and ride away but my stupid legs wouldn't work. Aid cars, police, the works, took me to Harborview for some morphine and the best food I've had in a while. I loved it. Single guy here, I hate cooking. Anyway, two weeks in the hospital, no pins, no plates, no surgery. They let me heal naturally after multiple x-rays, they said is was best that way. After two boring months at home I got up against the doctors orders, grabbed my walker and began learning to walk again. Within7 months of the accident I was running 3 miles a day and working out. Nothing will keep me off two wheels short of the grave. Of course I don't have a wife and kids toworry about. I have a goal to ride sport bikes into my eighties and nothing will stop me short of the big one.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:46 PM

i will be getting the hardware out of my foot in two weeks. then it is off to P.T. for some time. i hope to have a new bike around tax time next year. hope the 08s have some new stuff on the.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:57 PM

Hey guys just added some pics into my aol profile will add more soon. mustang02gt46, is my sn.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:35 AM

i love it when the 600 guys say there is no need for a 1000. Well after u put hmmmm maybe like 500 miles on a 450 dirt bike and it feels like you have more power then the torquey wooot what is it like 45 foot pounds of torque a 600 has then u need a 1000. My wife has a v star 650 and it feels gimp and probably has more torque than a 600. I dont mean to complain but when u weigh 230 a 600 is gimp a 1000 still lifts me off the ground at more than 3/4 throttle but after 25k street miles i know my throttle control.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: JimmieDon

i love it when the 600 guys say there is no need for a 1000. Well after u put hmmmm maybe like 500 miles on a 450 dirt bike and it feels like you have more power then the torquey wooot what is it like 45 foot pounds of torque a 600 has then u need a 1000. My wife has a v star 650 and it feels gimp and probably has more torque than a 600. I dont mean to complain but when u weigh 230 a 600 is gimp a 1000 still lifts me off the ground at more than 3/4 throttle but after 25k street miles i know my throttle control.
Too bad you don't know grammar control. That gave me a headache! [sm=lildevil.gif]