liter bike vs 600

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: liter bike vs 600

i have nothing against 1000's i love the 1000RR ..my buddy has one i rip it all the time, what blow me away is how ppl think they need a 1000 to be fast

Oh ya ...very well put Hobbs51

Old 07-13-2006, 01:24 AM

like that f41,

Old 07-13-2006, 01:33 AM

ALL OF YOU SUCK BUY A RC51!!!
"JUST PLAYIN". The whole reason for owning my fouth 600 is I don't think I need anything bigger. It's definitly nice to take wifey out w/ a 929. Soft seats, nice riding positon, and good pwer. Probably better for me and worst for her on a 1KRR. The power on a 1KRR is sick, not just total but the deliverly too. Insurance sucks and sometimes w/ the self control of child I might be temped to see how fast it will go.
dont make it sound like the 1000 sucks when in the back of any ones mind that has riden the 600 for a while that they dont dream of having a 1000 just to find out how good it can be
That sounds funny. LOL.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:42 AM

600 bikes are a little more forgiving that liter bikes. i guess when i can get to the point to where iam want more power, or can ride with more power I will get one.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:35 PM

Honestly guys, think about this carefully, if 600's were the be all end all for racing, there wouldn't be seperate classes, and the superbike class wouldn't be the top rung on the ladder. I used to race years ago, and in all honesty, many local tracks are not big enough, or banked enough to really race the litre class. The major tracks, however are, and I doubt you'll find very many 600 class riders wanting to go head to head with the liter bikes. For some reason people see to be under the impression that litre bikes don't handle, really you couldn't be more wrong. Straightline bikes would be in the Hayabusa/ZX14 class, and both would probably dust any thing we own in straightline performance, but these bikes are long and top heavy and are not engineered for handling. The true litre superbikes are the 1krr, ZX10r, and the GSXR. I didn't include the yamaha, cuz they don't race the R1. Honda, just like its competition, spends a ton of money engineering the 1krr for the track. The bike is truly made for curves, not straightlines. That being said, on the street, there are very few riders that can run a 600rr or a 1krr to its limit. Road conditions simply don't allow it. This is more detrimental to the 600 than the 1krr, remember you said it yourself, you bike only runs well above 11,000 rpm. My 1krr runs from bottom to top. That means when we both enter a 35 mph curve, you have to keep your rpms up, while i can back off a bit, and blast it through the apex. I will say that the 600 is more flickable, but that doesn't mean the 1krr isn't right on its *** in that category, set the two bikes side by side, look at the sizes, weights, and geometry...then look at the performance numbers and you will see that the main dif between the two bikes is more power, both in torque and hp over a much larger powerband.....

Dont get me wrong, the 600rr is a blast to ride, and when we go through the twisties, the guys i ride with are all neck and neck, neither bike really outperforms the other, but what does not occur is the 600 blowing away the 1krr, unless the 1krr rider doesn't know how to ride, or doesn't have the nerve, it will never happen. I just get tired of hearing that the 600rr, not to mention the f4s and f3s out there really believe that they can just eat a 1krr's lunch in the twisty's. You are truly mistaken.

Old 07-13-2006, 08:24 PM

az1000rr are you even reading any of this? If you are, then the 'ol reading comprehension is lacking.
No one's arguing about the ability of the bikes given equal riders.... well.. I'm not going to repeat what's already been said, so I'm done.

z.

Old 07-13-2006, 09:21 PM

Actually you are both right. The 600 is not better than the 1000, and I doubt many people here have "outgrown" the 600. It comes down to rider ability and I think that is what everyone is saying. AZ is tired of people saying a 600 will eat a 1000 through the twisties, and I see his point. And like pitbull said, there are many out there who claim to need a 1000 because the 600 isn't enough, which is also BS as most can't ride a 600 to its ability and think they are special for twisting the throttle while riding in a straight line. Like I said, I think there is just a miscommunication among posters here, and I agree with pretty much everything that was said.

I will say this though, I have had a couple 600's before I got my 900RR and 1000RR and I find the bigger bike easier to ride on the street. Why? Because of torque difference. The extra push and the power throughout the rev range simply makes it easier to get out of trouble on the street. I didn't buy a 1000 because I felt the 600 was too weak, I bought a 1000 because I find it more confidence inspiring and during street riding it is just more practical IMHO. I am no track star and never will be, but on the street I can push my bike fairly hard, and I find the extra torque helps correct the occasional mistake I make while committed in a turn. With the 1000 I can concentrate more on lean angle, tire feedback, weight distribution, etc. and less on where I am at in the power curve.

Just my thoughts.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread makes me laugh. Hayden and Mladdin both admit that the 1000s scare the **** out of them so the idea that us mere mortals "outgrow" a 600 is laughable. Having said that I'll admit that I prefer the 1000 over the 600. It's like fastbike for dummies You have enough torque available that it doesn't matter if you short shift by accident. On a 600 shift points need to be more precise in order to avoid lugging the engine. And handling wise you guys have pretty much hit it on the nose -- it's all in the rider. There's just not enough weight difference between the 600s and 1000's to say the 600 will rule the twisties.

The 600's are more fuel efficient and cost less to insure. They're also less expensive to buy than a 1000. And I honestly believe it takes more skill to ride a 600 fast (and I mean hauling *** fast) than it does to ride a 1000 fast.

Last thing ... I promise Being that I ride a 1kRR (used to be a Busa but it's the same basic song) peeps think that if they stay with me or pass me that they beat my bike. Honestly, a guy at work who rides a Hardly actually thought that his bike compared power wise with my old busa. Truth is I ride because I like to ride. Occasionally I ride very hard and very fast. But I don't race everyone and everywhere. So if you're riding a Ninja 250 and you pass me it ain't because you got more skills or because you got a faster bike -- it's only because I didn't care and was just enjoying being on 2 wheels. And for the record ... I spanked that dudes Hardly (in front of a lot of peeps) for running his mouth ...

Old 07-13-2006, 11:55 PM

In my personal opinion, I believe 600 is more than enough. At first, I owned a 600 F4i, and I thought i have "outgrown" it too. Later, after selling that bike, I ended up buying the '03 gixxer, and it was modded to have 180 hp. But I didn't have the skills and enough experience to use all that power, and ended up selling it. I had to learn the hard way by losing a lot of money, and realize how much of a moron I have been. I had a very lucky occasion, and I bought an '05 600RR for a really good deal. I now ride this bike and I believe it has more than enough power for me and I still have a lot to learn.

In the end, all I want to say is, buy the bike that is right for you, but don't expect that you are the "man" just because you have a litre bike and you can beat any 600s out there, whether it is a straight line or a twistie, because it is "YOU" that will make the difference. If you were to race Valentino Rossi, or Nicky hayden, and they had a smaller displacement bike, you may be able to beat them in a straight line, but you can never expect to beat them in track. Of course, that's what they are paid to do, but I am sure you get my point.

Hope you know what is best for you, and good luck finding it, and also ride safe~!

Old 07-14-2006, 12:06 AM

Why do people find it necesarry to talk smack about people they don't know. Who cares what someone rides, who cares how good they are, if they are riding they must be doing becasue they enjoy it. If a person thinks they out-grew a bike, maybe they have in their opinion. SO zzz11 tell me if you're such a good rider why are you wasting your time in forums and not racing pro? SHUT UP AND RIDE!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: liter bike vs 600