Issues with Aftermarket Rear-Sets

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 10:47 AM
I ♥ CBRF
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with Aftermarket Rear-Sets

In the process of rebuilding my bike I opted to go with some aftermarket Yana Shiki rearsets. Figured the ones I got are toast so time for an upgrade.

I put them on a few weeks back and they look SWEET....but didn't like that I cant use my heel guards (on lefty).....and brake lite switch doesn't mount on these aftermarkets.

Brake light is not a huge problem since I pretty much use my fronts 99% of the time.

Finally took the bike for a spin and i'll be dam....the rear brake just doesn't work. I get basically no assistance in stopping when I apply the rear. Adjusted the pedal and bled the fluid but no change.

Again I use my fronts 99% of the time but in those rare cases where a lexus decides to stop as soon as the light turns yellow it's nice to have the rears to prevent me from taking a loop.

Am I adjusting them wrong or is this common with aftermarket rearsets?

Old 01-29-2010, 12:05 PM

Not sure why the rear brakes arent working. Post some pics of the set up so we can get a look at them.

As far as the rear brake light switch, you will need to get a pressure sensor. It will take the place of the banjo bolt that bolts the hose to the master cylinder. It will have 2 wires coming out the top that you just connect to the factory wire harness.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:39 PM

any adjustment in it? as far as the pedal goes?

Old 02-18-2010, 04:02 PM

this is why i went with Gilles. they provide all necessary switches and wiring and heel guards. as far as no brake pressure, are you sure the master cylinder is bolted to the rearset?

if it isnt then you wont get any resistance.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:42 PM
I ♥ CBRF

Yea there are about 4 adjustments to the pedal but only 2 feel right. Bumped it up one but no test ride since its been freaking COLD.

Also realized that you can adjusted the nut on the master so will try that too.

Tbagr....yea hooked up the master just fine so everything fits nice but no pressure to stop.

Will be nice this weekend so will see if i get any results.