I guess they were right....

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I guess they were right....

They say if you haven't dropped your bike yet, you will...and I finally did.

Moving my '08 around in my garage, in a hurry...I think I had the rear tire on the lip of the garage floor by the door or something...leaned it over and walked away. A couple of seconds later...splat.

Front fairing, right mirror, clutch cover (only slightly marked up), right foot peg, handlebar end....$1400. It could've been worse. Some of these parts aren't hurt that bad, and I could probably live with them as they are (except for the front fairing), but I need it to be back like new - like it was.

I'm dying. Probably the stupidest move in my whole life.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, that sucks. I did something similar to my F4i when I had it. I feel your pain though, if I did that to my 08, I would already be buying the replacement parts.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:05 PM

parts were ordered within an hour of it hitting the ground. Should be ready Saturday.

I had an F4i too...never put a ding on it.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:57 PM

I don't have a 1000rr but with my f4i: I parked it next to my subaru in my garage. I evidentally didn't have the kickstand down all the way and when I dismounted it went over and fell on my car. It dented my car door pretty bad but I swear I felt so stupid afterwards and didn't stop cussing for days. I think we all have stupid days and we just pray it doesn't involve expensive stuff. Sorry to hear about your bike.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by woogie
They say if you haven't dropped your bike yet, you will...and I finally did.

Moving my '08 around in my garage, in a hurry...I think I had the rear tire on the lip of the garage floor by the door or something...leaned it over and walked away. A couple of seconds later...splat.

Front fairing, right mirror, clutch cover (only slightly marked up), right foot peg, handlebar end....$1400. It could've been worse. Some of these parts aren't hurt that bad, and I could probably live with them as they are (except for the front fairing), but I need it to be back like new - like it was.

I'm dying. Probably the stupidest move in my whole life.
Damn... 1400.00? I layed mine down at 40 mph and put it back together with new parts ordered by my dealership for 800.00 total. I get 15% off but still... that sucks to hear it.

I replaced the left mirror, bar end, clutch lever, alternator cover, front cowl, and left middle cowl.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:54 PM

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that. I've had several close calls with my bikes over the years. I once flopped my RZ350 against a gas pump when my foot slipped off the center stand lever (it was raining). I'm sure my day is coming when I drop my '07 Repsol. Unfortunately it's parked next to a Subaru, so the odds aren't looking good...

Old 04-07-2009, 11:13 PM

A LOT of the cost is the headlight unit. Nearly $400 for that little gem alone. I probably could do it for less $$, but I'd really like to get back that feeling that everything is done 100% correctly and as good as new, and I'd also like to not suffer through all of the frustrations associated with reassembling and troubleshooting.

I've got the insurance, so I'm gonna let them handle it. They may stick it to me later, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Thanks for the stories...misery does indeed love company.

PS: As a bonus, the kickstand got hung up in a lower trim piece on my car and messed it up. Probably gonna rack $125 for that. Yay!

Old 05-01-2009, 12:10 PM

i have not drop my 08 1krr yet but it almost happened less then 30 yards out of my drive way on its first ride. i had just a little mud at the bottom of my drive way. i got in the road and i wasn't even giving it to her yet and the rear tire broke lose and fish tailed.
My brothers 07 zx-10 fell over at the gas station when he went in to pay for the gas with less then 200 miles on it.oops