Hi everyone

Old 03-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi everyone

Hi guys, new account here, but returning member (couldnt remember my old login ) Wanted to say hello and ask a few questions. Am new to the whole sport bike side of things. Have been riding cruisers since I could touch the ground, got my first sport bike, a 1000rr back in September, and have never regretted it. Now that things are warming back up a bit am eager to get back out and put some miles on it.
First thing I wanted to ask, was any suggestions for "upgrades" or modifications that would make it much more enjoyable? Also, do any of you have suggestions on where I can buy replacement parts? Was coming home just before putting it up for the winter, just dropped off my date and hit a spot of oil in the road, laid the bike down at just 1500 miles and cracked the front cowl and a side piece, broke both levers off (replaced those already) and a few other lil dings, bike runs great but cosmetically I would like to find the best way to bring it back up to like new status.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Banned
Default RE: Hi everyone

Welcome!

As far as the partsgo, look out for stuff on ebay or your localCraigsList. Spring is upon us, and there will be many bikesbeing parted out soon.I have already noticed an increase in parts bikes here locally in Seattle.

What do you mean by "enjoyable" upgrades?
Comfort, power, looks? Elaborate please.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:16 AM

www.Mrcycles.com has the best price for OEM plastics/parts i have found anywhere. usually half what the dealer wants and $100 less than anyother site. If my local parts person doesn't have it in stock i usually go to that website.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:06 AM
Ty

After seeing some prices on plastics, I kind of am planning on the Auctmart fairings if I ever damagethe bikebadly. Kind of partial to the Hannspree right now, but I change my mind all the time. I think last week I wanted the Sevenstar ones and the week before I was looking at the Moviestar plastics.

If I had to pick one thing, I would have to say that good gear makes the most difference in my riding enjoyment.

Search this Thread