help with Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with Exhaust

I've never purchased an aftermarket exhaust system or slip on so my knowledge on exhaust is minimal. I've got an 06 1000RR and I'vd decided I want a slip on for the bike but what I want is a pipe thats similar in size to the stock pipe, shines like chrome, and is louder and deeper than my stock pipe but not so loud it gets the attention of the police. Oh yeah and inexpensive.

-Blake

Old 04-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Default RE: help with Exhaust

All pipes run roughly in the same price range.
if you only want the can it will set you back about $400.
Full exhaust with the pipe will run you about$900 up.

you can go with Yosh, Akro, Arata.
these are probably the best sounds but pricey. plus chrome even more.
you can get away with polished aluminum if you keep up with maintenace and its a bit cheaper.

I love the sound of my two brothers but its a round can.
try this link for price and pictures
http://www.pipecity.com/index.cfm/

here is a picture of a yosh.
sorry to write you a letter.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:00 AM

Two brothers does have a great sound, but I would venture to say that it will be louder than you are looking for. I would go with the Yous or maybe a scorpion (like mine). The reason I went with scorpion was that is inexpensive, doesn't require remapping/rejetting and never needs repacking. It was an easy one-man install with good instructions.

I know that Arata and Akro will give you 1 or 2 more ponies than these other brands, but I have yet to see/hear one for myself.

My second choice would be the Yosh RS-5. I do LOVE the idle sound of the two brothers, but it does get a little loud for my taste. FYI - D&D and Hotbodies are VERY loud.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:26 AM

STAY AWAY FROM TWO BROTHERS!!!! Their craftsmanship sucks!! I had one of the full system pipes they used to offer on my 98 CBR1100XX and it was a POS. I prefer Jardine or Arata. That is just my opinion

Old 04-19-2007, 05:00 AM

I have to say to go with the Yoshi RS-5.Carbon Fiber. They look great and sound great. At idle it is going to sound alot like drilling holes in the baffle. But when you rev up it sounds better. Seems crisper and sharper if that helps. Sounds like it should. And it is not wake the neighbor loud. But definitely louder than stock.

They are quieter than a Jardine dual outlet. The Jardines sound awesome but are too loud. Nice deep rumble and all you hear is the exhaust, no engine noise. The Akros are probably going to be a little quieter than the jardines but a little louder than the yoshis. I had the jardines and switched to the yoshis because they were a little too loud on the street, especially past 4k rpms.

Some may say putting yoshis on a honda is not right. What ever. They look great and sound great. One thing though the upper plastic portion that covers the back end of the pipe outlet will have to come off. Its tight and you could make it fit but I chose to take it off since it was tight and touching the muffler. Didn't want to deal with melting plastic.

Now I just have to find the right fender eliminator. Which I really don't want to do.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:09 AM

One other thing that I noticed is that I have no engine breaking. When I let off the throttle its like it is in neutral. I guess thats a good thing. Its smoother like I have a slipper clutch or something. Don't know but I'm happy with the Yoshimuras.

Install is easier than you think. When I read the instructions and looked at the diagram I thought I was in for a hard task. But it is quite easy. It took me 3 or 4 hours and that was me taking my time. Now that I have done it I could probably do one in just over an hour.

I did crank it over when I took the muffler off and it really didn't sound that good. Wasn't deep or louder. Did it cause I was curious.

There is one part on the back end where you will see a screw of some sort that probably holds a small baffle. I was thinking about cutting it out but see that there is nothing else there so it wouldn't look right. Still thinking about it because I removed them from my other Yoshi pipes and they sound great. But the RS-5's sound pretty good so I may just leave it.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:53 AM

get a Sato slip-on ... you'll be a happy camper for as long as ya keep the bike

Old 04-19-2007, 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: CBR1000RRMARINE

STAY AWAY FROM TWO BROTHERS!!!! Their craftsmanship sucks!! I had one of the full system pipes they used to offer on my 98 CBR1100XX and it was a POS. I prefer Jardine or Arata. That is just my opinion
I just installed a M2 V.A.L.E. on my '06 and so far I'm lovin' it. I also had a Two Bros back when I had a '01 600f4i and I loved it too. I think you just had a bad experiene with one of them, oorah?

Old 04-19-2007, 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: bdahl77

I've got an 06 1000RR and I'vd decided I want a slip on for the bike but what I want is a pipe thats similar in size to the stock pipe, shines like chrome, and is louder and deeper than my stock pipe but not so loud it gets the attention of the police. Oh yeah and inexpensive. -Blake
Getcha one of these!

[IMG]local://upfiles/3917/7CCF69F3770C40FA8261AA90637359AC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-20-2007, 03:33 AM

i have a two brothers and love it, the sound is more aggresive and deep. the only negative is the pipe is rather long. i personally think you should go with a yoshi, i think you would love it from wat you explained you wanted.

Quick Reply: help with Exhaust