Guys help me..New rider cbr 1000rr?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Guys help me..New rider cbr 1000rr?

ORIGINAL: soccer13pro2007

oh of course, i completely agree with you
even if i learn wheelies, I NEVER plan to pull one in traffic, too much risk.
however, I have to agree with 900rr on the clear streets thing (though doing a wheelie at 90 mph is still asking for it)
Agreed there, 90mph with both wheels on the ground is asking for it much less one lol.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have a problem with back country roads that are deserted, i do it quite often. The only advice with that is do not ride alone, bring a friend and both have a phone just incase.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Oh and Blkout, find some new friends to ride with that have skills. There must be some good riders in cali.I can throw together 25 seconds of video with more talent then 20 minutes of your vid, although sorry to say its in a parking lot so prolly not as cool [&:] http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=wheelies.flv

Old 09-10-2008, 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

I dont have a problem with back country roads that are deserted, i do it quite often. The only advice with that is do not ride alone, bring a friend and both have a phone just incase.
When I was in college there was always atleast three of us and now that I am back home and have a career, I don't do it as much, but there is still atleast two of us if we do.

I still have a question though. Do any of y'all go out and take curves on a street or a country hwy faster than the posted speed limit?

Old 09-10-2008, 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: 900rrSTUD

When I was in college there was always atleast three of us and now that I am back home and have a career, I don't do it as much, but there is still atleast two of us if we do.

I still have a question though. Do any of y'all go out and take curves on a street or a country hwy faster than the posted speed limit?
I'm usually not much over the posted limit if at all. No I dont even dream of draggin a knee while doing 120mph even on a track. But our bikes are MADE to lean n handle like that. They are not made to ride wheelies etc. Does that make it any less stupid? NO!

Old 09-10-2008, 11:31 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

I'm usually not much over the posted limit if at all. No I dont even dream of draggin a knee while doing 120mph even on a track. But our bikes are MADE to lean n handle like that. They are not made to ride wheelies etc. Does that make it any less stupid? NO!
I don't know what type of riders are on here when it comes to taking curves at speeds over what they are rated for. Like on or off the track. But I was just wanting to point out to the ones that do it off the track and in the streets or country hwy, that it's not much safer even if that's what these bikes are made for. I have been out in the country and taking a curve where there was gravel in the road and if I didn't know the road, I could have went down for sure. Anyways, if your one of these people, like me, you might want to think twiceabout calling someone an idiot for doing wheelies, cause gavel is a bit@$ and you will be the one being call an idiot.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:33 PM

Oh and Blkout, find some new friends to ride with that have skills. There must be some good riders in cali.I can throw together 25 seconds of video with more talent then 20 minutes of your vid, although sorry to say its in a parking lot so prolly not as cool [&:] http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p...r/?action=view¤t=wheelies.flv
yeah that was tight..but me i'm more into the 100mph freeway wheelies..lol

Old 09-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

They are too easy, some day you will bore of them and need to try something challenging.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:57 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

I don't know what type of riders are on here when it comes to taking curves at speeds over what they are rated for. Like on or off the track. But I was just wanting to point out to the ones that do it off the track and in the streets or country hwy, that it's not much safer even if that's what these bikes are made for. I have been out in the country and taking a curve where there was gravel in the road and if I didn't know the road, I could have went down for sure. Anyways, if your one of these people, like me, you might want to think twiceabout calling someone an idiot for doing wheelies, cause gavel is a bit@$ and you will be the one being call an idiot.
Well I for one ride the road/s where I push a few tyme scoping out whats where n if its clear enough to push it or not. And I drive my Jeep faster than posted on the same roads too, so I know the bike will do better. gravel is a bitch regardless lol.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:06 AM

omfg I can't believe half the **** I just read.
where to start... you know what.. I'm not going to.

no...nevermind. you're an asshat.

Quick Reply: Guys help me..New rider cbr 1000rr?