got in wreck last night, need prices and advice for ins. adj.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got in wreck last night, need prices and advice for ins. adj.

i hate to say this, because i am such a newbie and so inexperienced when it comes to bikes, but last night i got in a wreck while attending the sport bike club nfsba. my bike got pretty messed up (i am ok but thats not what concerns me) and i am now in a weird situation. i have never owned a bike before this. the only benefit to all this is that the bike is on a loan so i have full collision coverage. now getting to the point i have already put in a claim to the insurance company and they said that they are going to send an adjuster to look at my bike. the parts that got damaged were: the front suspension, front wheel, radiator, front cowl (where the headlights are), both fairings, the tail section, turn signals, the rear unit pro link swing arm,and possible the frame. the insurance company said that they would send an adjuster to look at the bike as soon as they could. i am just trying to get a ball park estimate on how much y'all think this is going to cost to fix/replace all the parts, or if i should just try and have the bike totaled out if there is any frame damage. any information that y'all could offer would be greatly appreciated! oh and a special thanks goes out to all the people that were there when i got in my accident. (you know who you are!)

Old 08-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Default RE: got in wreck last night, need prices and advice for ins. adj.

If it has as much damage as you say it does, it is more than likely totalled anyway....the parts are very expensive and the labor to do all the work with the descrption would cost more than a new CBR1000RR

Old 08-19-2005, 03:25 PM

Bodywork alone ( no lights or brackets, ect) will be @ $3000
Radiator @ $600
Front wheel ( no rotors, axle, ect..) $500
Front end ( forks, triple trees, misc bolts/nuts) @$1600 at least
swingarm $1000 I would imagine
frame another $2000
and then LOTS OF MONEY IN LABOR
These are not actual prices, just going off experience and what these type of parts normally run for most bikes...just trying to give you and idea of what to expect.
I would bet that after parts and labor ( given the damage you just decribed) the total bill would be $14,000 to fix it.
Most insurance companies only allow up to 70% of the value before it is totalled

Old 08-19-2005, 04:30 PM

im sorry to hear that you wrecked your bike. but if you dont mind me asking what happened? i mean what caused the wreck.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:34 PM

also i hope you saved all your receipts for any modifications you did. cause when insurance companies total vehicles it becomes an ongoing war on how much the bike was worth. the insurance company is gonna try to give you the least amount of money possible for your bike. so expect to argue with them on its worth. otherwise theyll try to say your bike was only worth 7 gs. when its worth over 9

Old 08-19-2005, 09:43 PM

I dumped mine at like 5 MPH (dont ask) and I had minor damage scrapes and fairing cracked. For front fender, mid and lower fairing, radiator, I am looking at about 1600... so you are going to be WAY!!! higher then that

Old 08-19-2005, 11:37 PM

I went straight into a semi on my 6rr which prices are SOMEWHAT the same...
The costs were almost to 18000$ with labor... and thats leaving a few parts out like radiator, headpipe, and little things.

I mean tto total it out, so thats why its hella expensive... HOPE YOU HAD "GAP" insurance with your purchase, or else your gonna lose grip loads of cash... book drops like 3 g's right off the getgo... from what u pay.

For instance, my payoff is $10058.73 and book says its worth around 6.... but gap will cover me on that. and I may get some cash back on my warrantys.... lets all hope, need to pay bills.

Glad your ok man, definately. Can you post some pics up please? you can check mine out in the 600rr section under PICS OF MY BIKE.

Does it look kinda like this? It snapped my fork tubes straight IN HALF... and balled up my front tire...