Fuel injection

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel injection

I have an '09 CBR1000RR non-ABS. Bought it used w/ a Yoshi R-77 slip on and a two-brothers racing juice box fuel controller. What's the scoop on jetting the bike for slip-on's? I've heard different things. Part of me just wants to reset the controller so it's back to the Honda factory jetting, but I don't want that to become problematic with the exhaust. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Old 04-10-2012, 06:42 PM

Is there a reason you want to change it?

Is the bike not running the way it should? If its running ok, I'd leave it alone. A slip-on really shouldn't affect the bike too much or require any tuning, but it has been known to happen. If the bike is fine now, there really wouldn't be a need to remap it or put it back to stock.

As far as the scoop, I'm not familiar with the juicebox, but imagine its close to the same as the power commander and you can program it yourself or have it dyno-tuned. I would suggest going to TB's website or calling their tech line and asking them directly. give them your bike information and see what they have to say. Its difficult to get accurate information on the internet because so many people are far below the skill level they think they are. If something doesn't work, they complain about it and bad mouth goood products. Or, they spread information that just isn't correct. Its usually better to go directly to the source.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:55 PM

Good points, thanks!!

Old 04-10-2012, 11:07 PM

Speaking of my exhaust, I have one more question. Like I said I bought the bike used with most of the work already done. It's pretty clear it's a slip-on, as I can see a difference where the shiny Yoshi pipe meets the stock pipe. However I thought the bike had a catalytic conver, which I would assume would fall somewhere between the stock pipe and the muffler/slip-on. There's nothing there, just pipe straight from the motor to the carbon fiber muffler. Does this still make it a slip-on, or is it a full system? Is it a slip-on that just has the cat removed? Is the car always removed when you add a slip-on? It's a Yoshi R-77, by the way. Thanks again for sharing the knowledge...

Old 04-12-2012, 09:17 AM

I would take a look at your headers. This will give you a good idea if it is a full system or if they bought a slip on and added a fabricated a mid pipe to get rid of the Cat.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tlarkin530
However I thought the bike had a catalytic conver, which I would assume would fall somewhere between the stock pipe and the muffler/slip-on.
The cat was a part of the OEM muffler when it was removed for the slip-on.