600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

fuel injection HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 03:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel injection HELP!!!!

ok ok i know im a nut case. but im in need of some advice. i have an 03 600rr motor in an 85 atc frame. my problem is the injection setup on the rr i have eliminated the original airbox and built a custom sheetmetal box that fits under my stock tank. i am now unable to mount the secondary injectors above the throats like in the stock box. my question is can the injectors be mounted to the intake tubes that lead into the box?

my intake is similar to the stock system. ive built a rectangular chamber over the throttle bodies with two ram air type tubes leading forward toward the neck with flat k&n filters mounted on the ends of the tubes. im thinking of mounting the secondary injectors angled into the bottom of these ram air tubes. (hoping the secondaries are for enrichment of the air charge not direct injection)

Any help or advice would be much apprectiated
thanks

Old 03-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: fuel injection HELP!!!!

you should download the RR's shop manual from stephy gee's site and you'll be able to see where the injectors go in the stock system and go from there.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:47 AM

thanks for the info Tahoe SC. I have the honda service manual for the cbr and i have the original airbox ( so i know where the injectors are supposed to be) my problem is i dont have enough room to put them in the stock location. im thinking about moving them forward and aiming them back toward the throttle bodies, instead of shooting them straight down like the stock box.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:38 PM

yes the secondary injectors are for enrichment but they need to be behind the filter of your airbox otherwise you will just be spraying onto the filter element. Stock down would be the optimal arrangment since each injector would be in it's own turbulent air stream... if you shoot them into a box with the other injectors you are not going to get the same performance from the injector, since the air stream won't be as rich as it previously was.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:18 PM

thanks for the info SODAMNINSANE. The filters are mounted at the inlet of the ram air tube, so the injectors would be after the filter. I am expecting some possible loss in power. i just want to make sure im not going to have any major lean spots. because this bike will be in sand mostly im not expecting the need for max horsepower all the time but its good to know it wont cough on you when you need it to be there.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5674/81213CA49A4148BAA12FACD6C9C602AC.jpg[/IMG]