Fuel FIlter 05 CBR1000

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel FIlter 05 CBR1000

I'm new here and just fixed my bike and was looking to see if any of you guys had the same problem. Also wanted to get some opinions on the design.
Had my bike at the track and had continuing problems with a loss of power and the motor even cutting out. Long story short, I replaced the entire fuel pump and now it runs better than ever. The problem was the disgustingly dirty fuel filter that is in a sealed plastic housing connected to the top of the fuel pump/motor. It is a simple paper filter in the black housing attached to the fuel pump, not the screen on the bottom/intake of the pump. I guess because it is a high pressure pump they put the filter after the motor and have to weld the plastic b/c the pressure is so high. I am also guessing they can't put this sort of filter before the pump because pumps are usually either high suction or high output. All in all it sucks that you cant simply replace the filter or just the sealed black housing with the filter inside of it. The entire assybly cost me 290 bucks! On top of that, I have always tried to be careful with where I get my gas from and try to fill up at the track but it seems bad gas is everywhere. What do yall think?