Exhaust on the 2008 CBR 1000RR ?

Old 03-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Exhaust on the 2008 CBR 1000RR ?

What aftermarket exhaust does your '08 CBR 1000RR have, do you have any problems
whatsoever with that exhaust and do you recommend purchasing that exhaust ?

Old 03-09-2009, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Will1000RR
What aftermarket exhaust does your '08 CBR 1000RR have, do you have any problems
whatsoever with that exhaust and do you recommend purchasing that exhaust ?
Yoshi R-77 slip-on, CF. I mainly got this for the looks; it matches my CF color scheme, but the sound is also nice and throaty. Not as throaty as the Two Bros, but still nice. Cosmeticlly, I think it is the best looking behind the Taylormade. If your shooting for good looks as well as sound, I think this exhaust is a good choice. Performance wise, I didn't notice too much of a difference from the stock until I put the PCIII in.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Default question

Originally Posted by nafstap
Yoshi R-77 slip-on, CF. I mainly got this for the looks; it matches my CF color scheme, but the sound is also nice and throaty. Not as throaty as the Two Bros, but still nice. Cosmeticlly, I think it is the best looking behind the Taylormade. If your shooting for good looks as well as sound, I think this exhaust is a good choice. Performance wise, I didn't notice too much of a difference from the stock until I put the PCIII in.
Did you notice any issues ie: loss of power (rpm needle dancing around a bit) with that particular pipe after installation and before putting in the PC III ?

I'm hearing good things about this Taylormade exhaust...wondering about the looks and sound for the '08 model.. If anybody has any pics please post on this thread. Thanks.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Will1000RR
Did you notice any issues ie: loss of power (rpm needle dancing around a bit) with that particular pipe after installation and before putting in the PC III ?

I'm hearing good things about this Taylormade exhaust...wondering about the looks and sound for the '08 model.. If anybody has any pics please post on this thread. Thanks.
The stock ECU wasn't affected by the exhaust since it was a slip-on, so it was able to handle it. Using the stock ECU with the exhaust yielded no loss of power and the needle stayed at or around 1500 RPM or so if I can remember correctly. After adding the PCIII I noticed a definite power increase, but nothing breathtaking.

As far as the Taylormade, I have never seen or heard on in person, but I know 2008CBR1000 has one on his red 08, and TBagr has one on his black 08. Both give the bike a nice clean look.

2008CBR1000: https://cbrforum.com/forum/album.php...&pictureid=797

TBagr: https://cbrforum.com/forum/album.php...&pictureid=962

Old 03-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thing to consider, if you wear a helmet, certain exhaust tones(frequencies) can resonate inside the helmet and cause an extremely annoying loud exhaust sound.

I ran into this on my 600rr after replacing the exhaust. Of course the frequencies all depend on the helmet, bike, exhaust, etc...

I would see if you can test an exhaust to make sure it wont annoy the crap out of you on longer rides.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by nafstap
The stock ECU wasn't affected by the exhaust since it was a slip-on, so it was able to handle it. Using the stock ECU with the exhaust yielded no loss of power and the needle stayed at or around 1500 RPM or so if I can remember correctly. After adding the PCIII I noticed a definite power increase, but nothing breathtaking.

As far as the Taylormade, I have never seen or heard on in person, but I know 2008CBR1000 has one on his red 08, and TBagr has one on his black 08. Both give the bike a nice clean look.

2008CBR1000: https://cbrforum.com/forum/album.php...&pictureid=797

TBagr: https://cbrforum.com/forum/album.php...&pictureid=962
Yeah suddenly discovered that after i swapped my stock exhaust for a 2 brothers slip on (new) exhaust, bike sounded fantastic first 2 weeks but now the sound is not so cool anymore and bike sounds like its struggling. I noticed some carbon residue at the tail of the exhaust a whole lot more than whats on my friends blade (same year ordered same time with same 2 bros exhaust but his was already used). His bike sounds great like mine used to but mine sounds like the poor cousin and i noticed once or twice the engine has died on me while i was coasting with the clutch held down.

I am presently thinking of putting back the stock to see if this will go away. Anyone experience this before?

Mikki

Old 09-16-2010, 11:35 PM

Have had the Taylormade on my 08 CBR1000 for about 2000 miles and love it. A little louder and deeper than stock, but not too bad. Smoother pull off the bottom without the noticeable change of the stock unit when it opened up at about 4k rpm. Also the exhaust outlet is a little more grey and less black than the stock, so maybe running a little cleaner. Easy to install with good fit right out of the box.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Registered Users

I purchased my CBR 1000 with a 2 Brothers slip on! The sound is AWESOME!!!!!! As well as the performance!