EGCV Servomotor

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGCV Servomotor

Okay, in the process of removing the stock exhaust to install a new canister the instructions call for removing the cables coming from the valve attached to the exhaust and removing them from the servo located under the key latch on the left side of the bike.

My questions are these:
1. What does that valve control? It seems ridiculous and unimportant, but it must serve some purpose.
2. Do I need to disconnect the servomotor 6p (natural) connector as well? Will the bike detect some type of malfunction if the power to that isn't disconnected but the cables are?

I appreciate it.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:44 AM
Default RE: EGCV Servomotor

I think I have answered the first question for myself. I saw the flap inside the pipe, just before the stock canister. But that still leaves question #2 open, do I need to unplug the power to the servo?

Old 07-25-2007, 05:36 AM
Default RE: EGCV Servomotor

you must leave the servo motor plugged in or the ecu wil think that there is a problem and put the bike in limp mode

just unhook the cables from the motor and all will be fine

honda says that the valve is there for low end torque

in reality it is a EPA noise reduction thing
just like the intake flapper

Old 05-15-2011, 01:02 AM
Default FI code 3 5 cbr 954

Originally Posted by baxsom
you must leave the servo motor plugged in or the ecu wil think that there is a problem and put the bike in limp mode

just unhook the cables from the motor and all will be fine

honda says that the valve is there for low end torque

in reality it is a EPA noise reduction thing
just like the intake flapper
Cool,
I'm about to do this on my bike (CBR 954 w full exhaust). I am getting a 3 5 error code (EGCV AND AIR INTAKE VALVE SERVO MOTOR). Just to be 100% clear on this, I am going to unhook all the cables to the servo motor?
- as shown @
2002 Honda CBR954RR Parts, 2002 Honda CBR954RR OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com
It shows 3 cables - an air valve cable, and exhaust valves cable A & B. I'm going to unhook all of them?
If thats correct do i need to plug these cables? or just leave them open. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-15-2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by toofass4udoo
Just to be 100% clear on this, I am going to unhook all the cables to the servo motor?
Yea ... you unhook both cables going to the exhaust valve and the one going to the flap in the airbox ... then you can remove the flap itself in the airbox (really simple job) and your new exhaust system will take care of the exhaust valve ...

You can completely remove the cables from the servo itself or just wrap them up and tuck them away and just leave the servo connected to the bike so the computer stays straight ... any problems let us know ...

Last edited by 9-5=4rr; 05-15-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Default servo cables removed still get error code

Ok. So I removed the all three cables and removed the flapper. I then reset the ECM diagnostics, but I'm still getting a 3 5 error code . What am I missing? I've seen on a couple different posts people saying "set the servo motor to the correct position" or "return servo motor to its original position". Any ideas on what that may mean or if it even matters? I mean it's a DC motor right? Or any way to trick the ecm into thinking that all is well with the servo motor? Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-17-2011, 12:12 AM

I'm messing with the servo motor -
1) I don't see any adjustments to make. The pulley seems like its fixed in one position
2) When should this servo motor move? I turned the engine on, revved the engine and the pulley stayed in the same position. I imagine it should be moving?

Old 12-15-2011, 04:20 PM

Hi, sorry to bump an old thread; does anyone have a datasheet of this servomotor or knows where to find one? I need that for our Formula SAE project, we use a CBR600F4 engine and we want to fit the exhaust with a valve like the one on the CBR1000RR to improve low and mid end torque (the logic of opening of the valve would be different from the stock one to achieve this) and we need to choose a motor to move it, so it would be helpful to know some data on the stock one.

It may be enough for me if someone could check if there is any brand or code on it besides the Honda part number which should be 31420-MFJ-A41 or something like that, the one I posted is for the 2009 model.

Thanks in advance!