Cycleworld June Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cycleworld June Issue

I really wonder if the cycle magazines have something against Honda. Once again another superbike shoot out, and once again the ZX-10 came out on top; even though the numbers don't illustrate why, for some reason Honda can't seem to win. When I read the CBR section, I really got the feeling that maybe this year would be different. They really touted all the upgrades honda did, and have very few issues with the bike. With so little difference between the bikes performance numbers, doesn't build quality and styling count for something? IMO the ZX-10 is one butt ugly green machine, and really the only one uglier is the GSXR with that boat anchor exhaust. I really wonder if its becoming more of a financial thing...maybe honda isn't greasing the palms....I guess on the upside though, once again we have the moniker of 'a great streetbike'....and since that's were most of us spend the majority of our time riding, I guess that's not so bad....but just once I'd like to see the superior bike get the props it deserves....just my thoughts

Old 06-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cycleworld June Issue

Money talks my friend. I would not depend on any sportbike magazine shootout to base any opinion on. I have yet to see Honda come out on top of any shoot out, so far all I have seen dominate every shoot out is the GSXR 1K. Hell I have seen the 06' CBR1K score almost evenly with the R1 and thats crazy talk considering the R1 hasn't made a technological advance in a couple years.

I do find it amazing how most writers do buildup the 06' CBR1K in thier write ups but when it comes to the rating it's either 3rd or last (sometimes 2nd). Maybe when Honda puts on a stock slipper clutch and better forks we'll start to get more love on print.

Old 06-02-2006, 08:47 PM

my thoughts are this. Our 06 1kRR is by far better than any of those junk bikes and for me i would take the R1 before the zx or the gixer. So if the mags want to promote the others and down the CBR thats fine. let the possers buy the other bikes because the mags tells them a the others are better and the honda sucks.

and just a for your info, i use to ride gixers but now the exhaust and rear ends are NASTY!

Old 06-03-2006, 03:14 AM

Ssshhh Don't tell everyone what we intelligent CBR bikers are. We all know we have the superior bike!!! Quality, ride, comfort, performance and looks.
ZX10 ugly & strictly a wheelie bike. You be stressed riding this thing just to try and keep the front end down.
GXSR poor quality paint peels off wheels and bodywork the second you ride it out of the bike shop.
R1 now lagging behind with only a Kenny Roberts paint job and a longer swingarm trailing at the back of the pack.

Old 06-03-2006, 04:26 PM

Gotta tell you, I have a 05GSXR, an 04, 05, and 06 CBR1K, and Kawasaki just sent a 2006 ZX10R over....

Took the Kawi to Buttonwillow for the first time last monday, and that thing flat RIPS!

By far the best brakes of the crew, and a way more linear powerband tha the Suzuki. It doesnt have the same precise chassis of the Honda, and it, like the GSXR and Honda, but need to have the forks done and have a shock fitted before you can make any serious time on them.

The 06 Kawi is a VERY competent machine... You will still see me on my CBR though, most whenever I get a chance to ride!