Corsa III

Old 08-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa III

Anyone else running the Pirelli Corsa III's? I just dropped off my rims at the dealer for a set. I was running the OEM corsas (07 1000RR) and the tread pattern looks identical. I think the only difference is the rear has dual compound w/ sticky sides.
Wondering how long they'll last? I'm doing two more trackdays this year, the next in a few weeks, and I wanted to swap them out because my front was getting cupped.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Default RE: Corsa III

im running htem.....got about 2000 on this set.....still in pretty good condition even with rough riding on super-hot pavement from the 100+ degree stint we've had here in the last month..... i reccommend them.... ill prob end up with one more rear-tire before the front is due replacing....

i may switch to the pilot-powers....lots of good things said bout them also........unless i decide to buy an 08 when they show later this month at the dealer show....

Old 08-31-2007, 04:10 PM

Im running Corsa III's now and Im loving them, just took it too the track yesterday and there are still plenty of thread left for street use. Stick and confident inspiring throughout my daily rides. For some reason Im running OEM Corsa of front and Corsa III's in the rear. I hear the OEM Corsa are a softer compound than the Corsa III front. Feels great.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:14 PM

I wanted a set of corsa III's or strada's but i ended up getting pilot powers today (dealer had no perille) . i hear only good things about the pilot powers too, but i am still a perille fan. couldn't wait for the set i am having shipped to my house. went to the stealership and was 415$ OTD fot the powers. paid 280$ for the set getting shipped to me. darn the impatience.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:36 AM

Well, after I got home I got a call from the dealer saying they thought they had a set of Corsa III's in back, only to find out that they already sold the rear and wouldn't get another set until next week - with the holiday and all. So, since I already had my rims there, and don't want down time, I had them put on a set of Michelin Pilot Powers. Went back today and picked up my rims and threw them on the bike. Took it for a 20 mile ride to start scrubbing them in and they have a totally different feel than the Pirelli. I liked the pirelli corsas a lot, but these pilot powers have a really really precise turn in feel. Good feedback. Compared to corsas, they have a narrower center section (rear) and more of "flats" on the sides. So far so good.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:10 AM

Cool, update us the feedback, this may be my next tires once Im done with the Corsa's.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:01 PM

I just got back from a 30 mile ride on my new set of pilot powers and i know what you mean about turn in, it feels like they want to dive into turns. nice and sticky too. anyone know about the avarage milage life of these tires. another customer at the bike shop said i should see 6k miles, and i replied with i dought it.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:55 AM

I had Michelin Pilot Powers on my 2002 F4i. They are some very nice tires. They are very sticky and warm up rather quickly. With the purchase of my '07 1000RR it came with the Pirelli Corsa's. How do these compare with the Pilot Powers? Is it worth the money to switch them over now or wait until I chew up these Pirelli's?

Old 12-28-2007, 12:26 AM

I myself like the Pirelli's, the Corsa III's ROCK!!! I had the pilot powers on my R6, didn't like the feeling I was getting from them. Kinda felt like really sticky but at any time it will let go.. and sure enough braking..BAM lowsided my R6. I haven't crashed in 5 years, including track days on Pirelli's, I try michellin, felt weird on them and what i felt is exactly what happened. with the pirellis if they let go its like a mild subtle controlled kinda slide.. when the powers went it was like i was on ice. My experience with Michellin's have been bad since i tried the pilots a few years back and had the 750 snap and almost throw me over the bars.. so I decide to try these and the same crap. I know guys that swear by michellin's, improved lap times ect..ect.. I will never..EVER.. ride anything but PIRELLI. Plus if you guys can wait I believe they have a new tire out, the ROSSO, supposed to be greatly improved and lasts longer, go to bikeland.org, and motorcycle.com for REVIEW ON THESE TIRES.good luck on the Michellin's...