CBR vs R1

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 01:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CBR vs R1

hey guys my dad is looking for another bike he likes the R1 and the new Repsol but i hear that the R1 is faster and that of all 07 bikes that are coming out, the CBR is the slowest one. Just need some feedback on wat to get.
He hasa Triumph SPEED triple 1050..

if any one has the specs of theR1 and the CBR1000 pleasepost it up to see it and be able to compare one another

Old 02-16-2007, 06:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CBR vs R1

clearly neither of you has seen the vdo test by MCN where the 06 cbr walked over the 07 r1
not that i think of MCN as the final word

a simple dyno graph will show you that all the gains made by the r1 are @ its top-end versus the cbr that pulls well all the way right from the bottom ... i wonder how many folks have the skill to ride a liter-size bike above 8000 all day

Old 02-16-2007, 11:02 AM

Honesty, the power and top end or so close with all the liter bikes..is it really that important when talking about street riding? I would concentrate on other factors like comfort, fit and finish, and reliability. The top end and horsepower would be at the bottom of my decision list.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:49 PM

^^^Good point...

Old 02-16-2007, 01:53 PM

ORIGINAL: ASAP

hey guys my dad is looking for another bike he likes the R1 and the new Repsol but i hear that the R1 is faster and that of all 07 bikes that are coming out, the CBR is the slowest one. Just need some feedback on wat to get.
He hasa Triumph SPEED triple 1050..

if any one has the specs of theR1 and the CBR1000 pleasepost it up to see it and be able to compare one another
WTH do you need to do 180 for anyway. If you just do a search on google for 07 R1 specs and 07 CBR 1K specs, it will all come up. I personally like the Repsol Edition better than any of them, and I dont like orange, but that is schweet

Old 02-16-2007, 04:08 PM

Sweet indeed, it looks much better in person than the photos on their website. The only thing that I didn't like was all the stickers it comes with and you get to put them on. No biggy but would have helped if there was a diagram or something that helped place them. Hondashould have put them on being a replica paint scheme.

I couldn't decide betweenthe new R1 and a CBR and out of all the reviewsi've read thecbr came out ahead of the new r1. I only came across one review thathad the zx-10 come out on top.Thenew r1 didn't look as good in person when next to a cbr. And if you compare the 07 r1 with a 06 r1 the 06 actually looks better too me.

I don't think you can go wrong either way but one of the things I thought about was the r1 had a slipper clutch and I thought that would come in handy.But the gears and shifting on the cbr is so smooth you really don' t need a slipper clutch. Not for the street anyways.The gear box is not as clunky or noisy as the yamaha. The cbr is a good choice. And it is really comfortable to ride. in comparison to other sportbikes.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Orangebutter

Sweet indeed, it looks much better in person than the photos on their website. The only thing that I didn't like was all the stickers it comes with and you get to put them on. No biggy but would have helped if there was a diagram or something that helped place them. Hondashould have put them on being a replica paint scheme.

I couldn't decide betweenthe new R1 and a CBR and out of all the reviewsi've read thecbr came out ahead of the new r1. I only came across one review thathad the zx-10 come out on top.Thenew r1 didn't look as good in person when next to a cbr. And if you compare the 07 r1 with a 06 r1 the 06 actually looks better too me.

I don't think you can go wrong either way but one of the things I thought about was the r1 had a slipper clutch and I thought that would come in handy.But the gears and shifting on the cbr is so smooth you really don' t need a slipper clutch. Not for the street anyways.The gear box is not as clunky or noisy as the yamaha. The cbr is a good choice. And it is really comfortable to ride. in comparison to other sportbikes.

Post up some pics of your 07 repsol if you got it? Where are you located orange?

Old 02-16-2007, 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: menefreghista

i wonder how many folks have the skill to ride a liter-size bike above 8000 all day
After modin up my bike ive noticed that i have been ridin at 8k or close to it and i dont even like it at all. Its not that i dont have the skill, its just that when i yoke that throttle in a wide open space or when coming out of a turn it only has so much to it before windin out and red line-in. Plus, i tend to try to keep it lower cause of the gas gettin let out of their so soon lol.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:13 PM

In spite of the HP advantage of bikes like the R1 and ZX-10, it all comes down to the rider. . period. Even if the R1 is faster (and I really doubt it to be the case in the real world), The CBR will prove itself in the cornerbreak-aways (on the track, at least - Jake Zemke proved that). When it comes down to it, the gsxr may be a better bike, but the street rider will never know (or kamikaze highway rider, like me) and there are very few people in the world who can bring out the full potential of the GSXR-1000. What does it come down to? What do you like better? In essence, they are the same for the average rider.

For me, it's Honda and nothing else. I love my 96 900 and my 06 1000.

-Ken

Old 02-17-2007, 09:42 AM

As was posted by TheX in a different thread... check out the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obRzUQHlzrA