Which CBR enthusiasts forum is the busiest?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which CBR enthusiasts forum is the busiest?

Hi folks,
I guess most of you are also members of other forums as well.
Which CBR-related forum would be the busiest, out there?
Although CBRforum is nice, I can't help to notice that there's very little traffic. There is often something like 2 posts a day on the entire CBR1000RR thread!!
Is it simply because CBR owners are a quiet breed?

Old 07-20-2010, 09:46 PM

Start an interesting thread that hasn't been beat to death and the traffic will come...

Old 07-20-2010, 10:44 PM

Well, I wished I was as much of an innovator as you are...

I mean, no one will forget about your paradigm shifting question about ''break-in'', posted on Aug. 27, 2008. You were the true pionneer of that really not ''beaten to death'' topic, eh? After all, breaking-in engines is something really, really new.

And what about your heroic and highly relevant question (''do you like them?'') about Metzeller M1's, posted AFTER you bought them?

Not sure what is biggest factor making people walk-away from forums: My lack of creativity or members like you who come up with these kind of comments when legitimate questions are asked.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:12 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PatK1RR
Although CBRforum is nice, I can't help to notice that there's very little traffic. There is often something like 2 posts a day on the entire CBR1000RR thread!!
Do like I started doing and click on the New Posts link from the main page. I was on here yesterday afternoon and there are now 7 pages of new posts since then.

You don't have to read every single message, since many new ones pertain to other models, but there are some interesting topics in the general discussion section and other areas that have to do with the CBR1000RR. I look at the "Forum" column and then at the subject title if there's a new message in the General, Off Topic, or a handful of other areas I can't think of right now. There are some useful and frequently entertaining topics all over the boards on here.

Last edited by RoadiJeff; 07-21-2010 at 05:21 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:08 AM

I never claimed to be the great innovator, however when you come up with a relevant or helpful thread it may be picked up as a sticky.
Perhaps you should read a little deeper into the threads in 2008. You would learn that there were issues with the search function and most people got quickly frustrated with it and abandoned its use. There was also a crackdown on frivilous posts like "what I had for breakfast" and such.
Traffic complaining of the lack of traffic is reminiscent of the pre-crackdown period.
Your thread will get a life of its own if it has something of value or interest to the forum.
My old threads lived or died on that basis too.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Do like I started doing and click on the New Posts link from the main page. I was on here yesterday afternoon and there are now 7 pages of new posts since then.

You don't have to read every single message, since many new ones pertain to other models, but there are some interesting topics in the general discussion section and other areas that have to do with the CBR1000RR. I look at the "Forum" column and then at the subject title if there's a new message in the General, Off Topic, or a handful of other areas I can't think of right now. There are some useful and frequently entertaining topics all over the boards on here.
Thanks for the suggestion RoadiJeff, appreciated. I guess I was missing out on something by limiting my searches and reading to the CBR1000RR threads.

Trasher, I was not intending to be rude with my remark. I was simply stating what seemed to be factual regarding the traffic (specifically in the CBR1000RR section) and was hoping to see if there was other resources I could consult to read more information coming from actual owners of CBR1000RR. That's all man.

I think I am a fair user. I answered a few days a go to a member who was considering buying a CBR1000RR and provided what I thought was usefull information, based on my experience of owning and using (both on the track and on the streets) an '06 version.

My experience with the new generation is zero and my knowledge of the know issues fairly limited. And given that I might buy an ABS version very soon, I am trying to get as much info as I can as fast as I can so I can decide fast enough and enjoy a bit of riding before summer is over.

Peace.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:36 AM

1000 rr . Net

Old 07-22-2010, 04:30 PM

no problem Phat! peace.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:07 PM

Yea I agree this forum is kind of lack luster. But I must say before my deployment I had a f4i and that forum was usually pretty active. It shows by the number of total posts. I have yet to find a site that is as active with the 1000s. They are all too busy riding like me