cbr 1000rr year

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cbr 1000rr year

Hi everyone on cbr foroms. I am looking onto this bike and i was wondering what everybody rides and what is the best year for these bikes
i was thinking 2006 and up. But i was looking at them and noticed that they had different trim levels like the fireblade and repsol what are they and what makes them what they are. But all in all I am looking to get a black 2006 and up with an exhaust on it already or just completly stock if any body is selling one get back to me
thanks
Jeff h

Old 03-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I don't really see a question in your post other then what "trim" package you should get. My suggestion is to take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course before even thinking of sitting on a 1000RR. Judging by your lack of knowledge about the bike and it's options "which there is not any factory ones" I suggest starting off on a much smaller bike.

That being said Welcome and enjoy your stay!

Old 03-28-2009, 12:08 PM

Honda makes changes/upgrades almost every year. Research the bikes you are interested in with this in mind...Every new press introduction raves how much better the new model is than the "old" model. They make it sound like last years model has been relegated to horse and buggy status. This is not so. Improvements come in small incremental steps and even a ten year old litre bike is serious equipment.
Do your research and choose wisely.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
I don't really see a question in your post other then what "trim" package you should get. My suggestion is to take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course before even thinking of sitting on a 1000RR. Judging by your lack of knowledge about the bike and it's options "which there is not any factory ones" I suggest starting off on a much smaller bike.

no dont do that... my 07 1000rr was my first street bike i've ever owned and i feel at home on this bike (i've been in the dirtbike scene for over 14 years though and have ridden alot of other sport bikes from buddies), i dont like 600's because they dont have what i want... you will never see the full potential of either bike on the streets unless your an idiot. i just like having a bigger bike with more power and torque... its a less forgiving bike, but its more forgiving compared to other liter bikes from different manufacturers.... just take it easy on her and get used to it, never get over confident. And when you start getting relaxed on your bike is the time where your most likely to F up.. you play with fire you wind up burned...

Last edited by 07ceeberthousand; 03-28-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless

well i dont get why you have to cut me down like that. I just asked what the different trim packages were because i am curious but just to let you know i have rode big bikes before and its not a big deal so i dont see why your telling me to start off on a smaller bike.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by .Jeffh
well i dont get why you have to cut me down like that. I just asked what the different trim packages were because i am curious but just to let you know i have rode big bikes before and its not a big deal so i dont see why your telling me to start off on a smaller bike.
I'm not so sure he was trying to cut you down really, it just sorta seems like most people want to go "Big" before they get experience and some people dont have the level head that it takes to start out on a bike like that and not get hurt. Not saying you're one of them...... nobody knows you yet. As a general rule, most people on this board would recomend the same thing to someone just joining the forum and looking to buy a bike.
We have lost members here before, nobody wants that.........
The 1000rr is a very streetable bike when you keep the RPM's under a reasonable limit. It gets very wicked, very fast and it takes some getting used too at the upper ranges.
If you do get a 1000 rr, I have no doubt you'll love it. Just please go easy for a while, we prefer our fellow members to hang around for while. :-)
Good luck shopping......

Old 03-31-2009, 11:35 PM

Sounds like you have already made up your mind, on the 06s. I have a 04 and I like it. I have Full tbr exhaust and I think its a little too loud.

But yeah, dont take it to heart. Were just looking out for you. Welcome!