Called Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Called Dealership

I called the dealership today, just messing around and talking to some sales people.....this dealaership sells, honda, yamaha, and suzuki.....i just played dumb and told the guy i was thinking of getting a new 1k and he basically badmouthed the honda rr and said that it was no comparison to the r1 or gixxer....i said, well i saw the performance numbers on all the bikes and the rr was quicker than the gixxer or r1 from 60-100 and he said, dont beleive everything you read...i was like what a jackass....since i am the proud owner of a 2006 1krr.....am i overreacting or would you guys be pissed to

Old 12-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Default RE: Called Dealership

you apparently have way too much time on your hands

Old 12-09-2006, 05:46 PM

I personally could not care less what anyone says about the RR, I am happy with mine.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:55 PM

I wouldn't worry about it either... he probably has his own agenda and makes more money one way or another off the other bikes.

When he said: I wouldn't believe everything you read, you should've added: or every salesman you run across.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:57 PM

i did alot of research before buying my 061krr, and i think the in the past the suzuki's and yamaha's have a had better performance numbers, but in 06 handa changed alot when they really didn't. .i think buying a bike because it's 1/4 mile time is .09 sec faster than another is stupid. acording to sport rider they say the honda is the slowest o6 litre bike. but the fastes is like 9.83 in the quarter and the honda is like 9.92. such a small difference. anyone who's does any research will tell you honda's are the easiest to ride and most comfortable. their name has represented reliability in everything they do.. so it might be a tenth slower in the quarter, that aint gonna matter a bit on the street, the best mod to any race is a driver. in any litre bike the best driver would win the bikes are all to even.. just my .02

Old 12-09-2006, 07:46 PM

I think the '07 Gixer and R1 will kick the crap out of the RR , but that still wouldn't change my choice on ride.
I love my Honda [&:]

Old 12-10-2006, 01:05 AM

Dude... you're preaching to the choir.

Look it up... in the Dictionary - you're see CBR1000RR right next to the word GREATEST!

I don't listen to anyone from a Magazine, Dealer, or someone with vested interested in a product. That person will always be bias.

Old 12-10-2006, 01:39 AM

i really think you are within 2 or 3 hp between the three and the rest is in the rider...i have seen guys on 600's wax guys on 1000's cause they cant ride.....i love my honda...so ...thats whats up

Old 12-10-2006, 03:05 AM

those numbers dont mean crap. look at it .09 in a quarter he left something on the table at the line with the honda crap i will be happy to run any of them if they beat me by .09 then they are better if i beat them then i am better. but for sure i know it ant the same bike but look at the moto gp this year. even when tour watching the race all you here is rossi i dont care if he is 1 lap down thats what you here but thr honda won the championship with an american rider. now back to the subject anyone can run time after time and every run will be different these writers just wanted the yames and suzuks to look better on their day when in reality the honda was better. my 2 cents worth.

Old 12-10-2006, 04:52 AM

I got my 06 1kRR because all of the other bikes in the same class looked cheaper. It helped a little that I see Honda in the top finishes during the races. My bike is just beautiful and it rides very friendly. I have had to do some work on it after a spill and it was easy to dig into. I get alot of compliments about my bike too, I don't mind the strokes (makes her purr a little louder). Yes, it is the rider that makes the bike do all that it can. Thank you Honda engineers!!

Quick Reply: Called Dealership