Bye Bye Bike

Old 05-12-2009, 08:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Bye Bye Bike

Well I went outside this morning about 445 to go to the gym and go figure as I was walking to my truck I noticed my bike was gone. WOW, thats all I have to say. They were pretty determined being that it was parked in a car port, covered, with my wife's Trailblazer pulled all the way up almost touching it, pinning it against the curb and the vechicle.

Needless to say they broke the wheel lock. I have filed claims with everyone and SDPD so we'll see. Looks like I am stuck with the Rumble Bee until I get a new bike which should be within the month I hope. Either way just wanted to let my fellow riders know that the ride has been kidnapped.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow dude that sucks, i bet that is mostly one of every riders biggest fear! something you work so hard for and then someone who probably doesn't work at all just comes and takes it all. Sorry to hear that man and keep us posted.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now it's an inconvience. I have GAP and Theft coverage. So if they don't find it within 30 days, my loan is paid in full AND I will get 5k credit at the dealership towards a new bike. It's good, but not. I put a lot of work into that bike.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:07 AM

Awful, dude. So sorry to hear that.

Die thieves die!

Old 05-12-2009, 11:37 AM

what the F*** Naf... thats crazy i hate hearing these things. I know for a fact that there's a big "stolen bike ring" in the caribbean and my country. Those bikes that are stolen usually are stripped and shipped. So if you can send me the VIN number i'll keep an eye out if it comes to my country, because they don't take off the vin sticker, they even leave the engine number the same.

I know this because one of my real good friends in Miami had his MV Agusta F4cc stolen and it came to my country fortunately and i checked the VIN in a bike show and told him it was here and he did his reports with interpol and got back his bike, it was also good because the stolen bike ring had a lot of light shed on them, so we know a lot about it and most of the ppl. in my country have a lot of checks done before they buy these bikes but you know some do slip through.

Nafstap i'll do my best to help you and i know of all the 08's in my country so if a new one comes in i'll definitely check it and inform you. I hate when ppl. work so hard and this **** happens especially to my fellow 08 enthusiast. You can always PM me the info.

I'm not promising anything bro because there are alot of other coutries it may go to in the caribbean, but i'll surely keep a look out for the best looking red '08!!!

Last edited by imzaanedoo; 05-12-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:35 PM

Damn Nafstap!! I think that is all riders biggest fear! Makes me wonder if I have Gap insurance. Keep ya head up and know what goes around, comes around.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:01 PM

Wow... I cant believe that man. That is insane. I guess thats why I dont feel comfortable with my bike out over night. I keep it in a buddy's garage thats 5 miles away just because I know shes locked up at night... I hope you get her back.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks ... sorry to hear that.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:34 AM
BAR

What a dirty feeling, just disgusting having your hard earned money taken like that. I hope who ever took it gets caught, and I hope you are able to feel secure when you do get a new bike.

Lo-jack is really the only combat to missing bikes and it saved around 10% +/- on insurance. Good thing you already had the appropriate coverages to protect you under these unfortunate circumstances.

I can't help but wonder who I can & can't trust when I hear about these crimes.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:09 AM

i know this feeling well. i have had 3 stolen. they all happened when i lived in an apartment. the only way to keep it from being stolen is to park it inside. either in your apartment or in a garage.

i have a seperate alarm on just my garage now to protect my shizit.

good luck.

Search this Thread