BEWARE of MEK streetfighter products

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE of MEK streetfighter products

BEWARE of MEK streetfighter products [sm=badidea.gif]

They really are not as good or pretty as they look. MEK sent me a defective fork brace (the tapped thread was about half the length it was supposed to be) and forgot to include the installation instuctions.
Unbelievably when the part failed for obvious reduced tolerance reasons they tried to force me into paying for the replacement part.

They actually acknowledged “the tapping isn't deep enough” in the defective item they sent yet they insisted that I pay them and additional 30 euros for a mere half bracket…. un-f#$%@ing believable…. This defective part should have never been sent out in the first place.

YES.... THE DEFECTIVE THREADS WERE TOO SHORT, SO THEY JUST REPLACED THE SCREWS WITH SHORTER ONES AND SHIPPED THE PRODUCT ANYWAY....WOULD YOU TRUST YOUR LIFE TO PARTS FROM THESE PEOPLE? I KNOW I WOULDN'T![sm=badidea.gif]

Overall the craftsmanship seemed really poor. The brace had ugly marks and dings in quite a few locations and would have required sanding down and polished or powdercoated before it could be considered presentable. I heard from other unhappy MEK customers that my poor quality experience isn't unique.

I actually tried to resolve this amicably with them, but the MeK Team was very uncooperative insisting that it was my fault (even though I stripped a thread that was acknowledged by MEK to be TOO short, because I never received the torque specs which THEY FAILED to include).

I strongly recommend that you avoid doing any business with these crooks. You would most likely get to regret it.
[:@]

Old 09-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BEWARE of MEK streetfighter products

Roger that..thx for the info!!