Better brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006 | 04:19 PM
Default Better brake pads

I've been 5k miles on my 06 cbr1krr, and it's seems like the brakes are fadding. Has anyone upgraded there break pads to a better street/race pads? I'm looking for something with less fade, but improved stopping power.

Old 08-23-2006 | 04:29 PM
Default RE: Better brake pads

Good Questions... I'd like to know.

Old 08-23-2006 | 04:43 PM

im in the same boat as u wit my 05 1krr. i am redoin the lines hopefully soon and if that aint enough then im gonna do the pads as well. they do seem to b fadin some of the time and then when i really need them they work so i dont know.

Old 08-23-2006 | 10:34 PM

Not a 1krr, but my 954 had EBC pads put on when I purchased it. The original owner said they eliminated fade over the OEM pads very well. I never rode the w/ stock, but these pads really stand some heavy braking.

Old 08-25-2006 | 01:24 AM

Yeah I seen the Ebc pads, but haven't heard any reviews..

Ferodo Brake Pads?

Gold?

Galfer?

Has anyone tried one of these?

I have HEL SS lines, and some Dot 5 silicone brake fluid.. I just rebleed the system and tried this brake fluid... Some guy on the GSX'r site is using it and sad it holds up better than the average breake fluid, but if this doesn't work; I'm gonna try some motul.

Old 08-26-2006 | 06:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Nevaeh Speed

Yeah I seen the Ebc pads, but haven't heard any reviews..

Ferodo Brake Pads?

Gold?

Galfer?

Has anyone tried one of these?

I have HEL SS lines, and some Dot 5 silicone brake fluid.. I just rebleed the system and tried this brake fluid... Some guy on the GSX'r site is using it and sad it holds up better than the average breake fluid, but if this doesn't work; I'm gonna try some motul.

I am using the GALFER Superbike kit w/front, rear & clutch lines... luv'em, luv'em! And I am also using GALFER HH front pads and the rear as well. I like the feel of the fronts quite a lot - you can hear a whoosh sound when hard braking - sounds rather nice. Stopping is quite a bit better than OEM.

I use my rear a fair amount whilst trail braking into lower gear corners to help set up the line in quick successive R/L/R esses; I also use the rear to tighten up the entry/exit when negotiating a tight corner. I really like the feel of the rear... very progressive; doesn't want to lock up the rear like the OEM did. Yet it scubs speed off much better than the OEM.

Remember though, that brake pad compounds are a VERY subjective opinion/sqauble. Much like tires or oil (sorry, I know this last one is treading into the abyss), so take eveything anyone says here with a grain of salt (including me). I've personally had great experiences w/ EBC, SBS, and Carbone Lorraine, too!

Cheers

Old 10-23-2006 | 09:27 AM

The motul oil is good. Do not use silicone based brake fluid, it is slightly compressible(gives you a spongy lever!) and very much out of date.The Military use it for very different reasons, such so shocking abuse of equipment! (no servicing,wet climate etc). Do a google search on DOT and the results will surprise you.