am i too paranoid about bike being stolen?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: am i too paranoid about bike being stolen?

I had my F2 stolen back in '96 and I do not want to go through that again. don't know about everyone else but I don't have full coverage either. The cost is mind-blowing to me. Full coverage did not stop my bike from getting stolen last time. And it did not get the bike replaced either. Your bike will most likely be taken from you at a time in your life where you will need the money elsewhere. That is what happened to me. Bike was stolen, second child on the way, so I used the money in a different way. I would have done something else for money than sell my bike had it not been stolen. There was absolutely no pressure from my wife either. She loved the bike, and loves to ride with me.

We continued to build our family and we were finally able to buy 1KRR about 4 weeks ago. This was a very long time to go without a bike. I am very protective of the bike and so is my wife. (She is one of a kind, I love her!) I have bought an alarm system with pager because it is a good theft deterant. I has voice warning on it and engine kill. You should check it out at www.internatrix.com. It is only $140.00 shipped. If you shop around you will find that it is the best one for the money and it has everything you need.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:35 AM

BR, I know you and your bike and your neighborhood. You act like you live in Philly. You live in a rich *** nighborhood of no crime. No it is not normal. lol

Old 05-17-2006, 02:22 PM

Whenever something like this is asked I think of the saying, "Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean I'm not out to get you"

I'm the same way. There's this mall about 20 mins from my house that has the best movie theatre, with the ride in between outstanding. The only problem is that I can't see leaving my bike in the parking lot, going to catch a flick, and not worrying about it every minute. As I obsess further I think of going out to the bike, seeing some punk sitting on it, and being unable to keep myself from inflicting some physical encouragement for him to get off of it. Not wanting to be that stressed out, possibly charged with assault, or having my bike stolen I just leave it home. I wish I could just set it aside and think, "well, thats what insurance is for" but its as if my 600rr is my child. I wouldn't want a replacement. How can they replace all the time I spent getting to know it, wiping it down before and after each and every ride, and doing its first maintenance?

Yes, I know I'm sick but the counselors have told me that acceptance of my problem is the first step towards recovery.

Old 05-17-2006, 03:03 PM

CBR76- AWESOME LOL

Old 05-17-2006, 11:32 PM

cbr76 reminds me of me. you really can't replace the bike its not the same. well right now doesn't really matter because the bike is in the shop. frerice i live in abington in montco but i am down by genos alot my buddy has a tint/alarm shop down there.