¿ 2 questions ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ¿ 2 questions ?

1. Why doesnt this forum have a "general talk" section? For instance i have a Chrysler Cirrus 99. NICE CAR!!! [8D] Ppl with that car talk at a forum here www.stratusphere.com there are 3-4 different types of Chysler models so they have 3-4 different sections for like "modding," simular to what u have here with the different models 1000, 600rr, etc. The closest section to what i'm talking about is called 'general tech" but all they seem to talk about is repairs in that section. There should be a section for bike chit chat so all the bike riders from this site will read the topics instead of just being able to talk to someone with the same model bike you have. Also it be a place to ask questions like the one im about to ask.

just my 2cents, admins might not like that thought.

2. My friend told me that i should buy a fuel injected bike because of the fluctuating weather in this state, NC. He told me i'd have to do a lot of maintenance on my carburator if i didnt have fuel injected. So my question is which bikes have fuel injection? I mean starting with what year. Yes i've been searching online but i cant come up with a site with specs for the bikes im searching for. ninja ex500 1994, suzuki 96 gsx600, sukuki 91 gsx600. If you know of a site where they keep bike specs please post it.

Thanks for any help[8D]

Old 04-26-2005, 10:07 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: ¿ 2 questions ?

The 'general talk' section is o.k. but I wouldn't use it much. I come here to talk bikes -- most forums that have the 'what's on yer mind' or 'general discussion' places usually just end up talking smak after a while. I'm not opposed to the idea ... just don't think I'd get any use out of it.

As for your second question -- I think your buddy is full of gas. Temp will have less affect on rideability than elevation. And if your ride is tuned right you won't have any problems on any of NC's hills. Now don't take that statement as carbs are just as good as FI ... FI is sooooo much smoother and crisper everywhere in the rev band. The downfall of FI is when that fargin FI light starts blinking and you have no idea why[:@]

Old 04-26-2005, 10:14 PM

fargin eh? LOL Well. I'm currently looking for more info on carbs for my own knowledge.

about you coming here to "talk bikes," Im just saying talk bikes with everyone. NOT just the 15 other repeat cbr1000 members, you know. I just think if everyone with a cbr talked bike in 1 spot it would put more brains in the same room so to speak.

Old 04-28-2005, 12:29 AM

yeah man cool american convertalbe **** box...i too chat on another site for bmw's cause i have a 328I...decent car...i think u miss the point of why everyone is on this forum and for what reasons they decide to talk in whichever forums they talk in...the tech section is for people looking for answers on how to fix things...the different categories are for different bikes...but a lot of knowledge transfers over jus different size motors...i lived in NC just outside of the mountains and rode a carburated motorcycle...it runs fine at all elevations and climates...no roads in nc over 5000feet... i don't believe there are any bikes under 600cc with fuel injection but since u've never riden a bike before u won't know the difference and if something breaks or mailfunctions u wouldn't know how to fix it anyways...ha ha ha sometimes being a jerk to others feels good...sorry u gotta be the one to get it

Old 04-28-2005, 10:23 AM

Snookay,

You will find that people tend to go to the forum boards that share the same interests. In the end, they tend to hang out at the forum(s) were people interact the most. I hangout on the National Harley Truck Owner Club forums the most. Why? Cause I own (2) Harley-Davidson Edition Ford F150 trucks. Now that's not to say that Dodge HEMI owners are gonna hangout on the NHTOC and vise vera. Harley trucks spank HEMI owners on a regular basis and HEMI owners don't like to see all the bragging. It's just the way things are.

As for your carb question. The only advantage of fuel injection is better starts, better throttle response, and somewhat better gas mileage. If you keep your bikes fuel system nice and clean with proper maintenance (i.e. running regular fuel system cleaner and making sure your fuel is not contaminated). You should have no problems with it. The biggest problem that I have seen is the carbs becoming unsynchronized due to crap getting in the fuel system. I run fuel injector cleaner in mine at the start of every riding season.

-Del

P.S. Send me an email at DelmustatorLeMaster@nc.rr.com and I'll help you find a bike. I'm in the Raleigh area also. I'm going to Fox's Suzuki next week to pick up a Suzuki Bouleavard C50T for my sister. Nice cruiser for a first bike. I'll see what he has in stock.

Old 04-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Good point about the synch -- throttle bodies can also become 'unbalanced'. Most peeps think that FI is the end all and no maintenance needs to be performed on the system ... ever. A lot of hard starts, rough idles and crappy response can be attributed to unsynched carbs/throttle boddies.

And as to the 'general talk' forum I don't go to any particular place on this board. I click the 'Today's Post' link at the top right and see what's going on in all the forums. If something piques my interest I read it.

Delmustator -- as a loyal employee of Ford (a.k.a. FoMoCo) I commend you on your purchase of F150 Hardly trucks. They are sweet. Personally I can't wait for the Lightnings to reappear next year. If you decide to add another Ford product to your corral let me know and I'll be glad to get you a PIN# for the X-plan -- gets you a Ford (Merc, Linc, Volvo etc) at actual dealer invoice, not the paper they show you but the REAL invoice.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:46 PM

Nice to see some ford guys on here... I myself am a GenII (2003) Lightning owner

Old 04-29-2005, 01:13 AM

Thanks for the PIN offer chainstretcher! I actually have X-plan also but did not use it to purchase my trucks. I did buy an 04 Escape with X-plan but the wife traded it for my 01 HD. I'm somewhat disappointed that Ford decided to sideline supercharged vehicles (i.e. the HD and Lightning) for 06. The Adrenaline appears to be the next S/C equipped coming to market along with the Shelby.

These are my Harley's... the 01 Black is #1807, the 02 DSG is #0490.

The 02 DSG dyno'd 405 RWHP/500FTTQ and runs 1/4 mile in under 13 seconds. Note bad for a daily driver.
The flames were painted by none other than James Laird of MPH Colorworld in Dallas, TX. The same guy that has done paint jobs for Jessie James custom bikes. The flames change color from Magenta to Gold depending on the angle it's being viewed.

I'm pretty proud of them both.

-Del

Old 04-29-2005, 10:17 PM

how do you think a newb would do on a 1993 suzuki katana 750. ?????? This guy has one on cycle trader for my price

Old 04-29-2005, 10:30 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Good bikes those kan-o-toonas. Excellent manners because the steering geometry isn't on the edge of radical. Take someone with you that knows bikes really well to test it out and look it over.

Quick Reply: ¿ 2 questions ?