06 CBR1000RR & the cops last night

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 06 CBR1000RR & the cops last night

Ok tribal so you replied defending your job as expected. What's wrong, you dont like Starsky & Hutch? I have read many posts of yours at this forum & learned a lot from you about my bike. But as far as this subject is concerned, this is not a courtroom, I do not need to supply anyone any proofs. This is my opinion & I am entitled to it. I never said they were all geeks in high school. Some were, others were unknowns, & now they are trying to prove their presence. You seem like a succesful aviator, & these conditions may not necessarily apply to you. So dont take this personal. You say :" You are probably one of those people who Monday morning quarterbacks saying, “Why didn’t he just shot him in the arm to make him drop the gun” when an officer gets into a shoot out and had to kill someone." But in reallity, they do not even train officers to injure anyomore. They teach them to shoot to kill, & always aim at the chest for a big target. They days of shooting or aiming at the limbs of subjects are long gone. Subjects are better dead than injured, for they will not be able to represent themselves in court....remember? Anyway, from your previous response, it seems that the salary was more of a motivating factor than to actualy struggle hard to be a humanitarian & kind leader at any cost. I am not part of the problem, again, I have a clean record. Never been arrested, & I have no tickets. I do not drink alcohol & never smoked. The notation of "Safe driver" is listed on my drivers license. Even though cops tend to excute the laws at their convenience, but most of them seem to think that they are part of the judicial branch. Anyway, we can sit here & talk all day, we will not be able to convince each other + this is not the place for such a chat. I will not call you ignorant, but i will say that you seem to be an exception to the rule. You either understand very well what I am saying but are unable to respond, or you are living in denial. I congratulate you on a great job in skies & yes I would like to do what you do. Most cops are on the ground, & this is their reality. Reno 911 is funny but the reality outside is very sad. Take care.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: cpldam

Too much respect being given to police officers as if they are super human or something. After all, most of them are high school graduates & never attended any college let alone real officer school. So I do not why they call themselves officers. Some of them were nerds & got picked on in high school, so now they feel that this is their turn to pick on people. Others are too impressed & brain washed with TV & movie shows & think that they can be like Starsky & Hutch. Most of them have disfunctional lives & relationships outside the job. When you deal with trash all the time, you would think that the whole world is trash & then you become trash. Some cannot even hold on to real relatonship with the other sex. Every statement they make to their spouse (if they had one) comes with an investigative tone. They pretend to stick together as cops, where in real life they do not like the sight of each other even trust each other, specialy for back up. A cop pulls you over, say nothing to fuel his ego, stay quite, sign the ticket then tell it to the judge. They are all unapproachable for any question about direction or advise (unlike cops in foreign countries). they are all PARANOID at different levels to a certain extend. They produce them like that at the academy. "To serve & protect", yeh right!!! they protect nothing, if they did, there would'nt be any crime, & the people would not need to carry weapons for protection. & they serve whom excactly???? The cops at this forum know that this is true, but they would not admit it in public, for it's their jobs we're talking about. That is all the advise I can give you. FBI is a different story, they are educated college grads with decent training, dicipline, & a cleaner brain. Next time a cop bother you, or abuse in any tone or language in any derogatory way, sign the ticket then call IA (Internal Affairs) & report the incident immediately. True or false the incident is filed & stored in his file. A couple of those & he's out of the force. IA knows how to handle them very well. Also, try not to call each others names at this forum, we all have our opinions about different matters, & just because we disagree, we should not disrespect each other in any name calling, is that clear HIGHREVVER????
If I pulled you over and you said something like that to me, exactly as you wrote it above... I would write you a warning. Anyone that could give me that good of a laugh deserves a break.

Old 05-19-2006, 12:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am very proud of my job and didn't do it just for the money. I shared just one factor behind my history in becoming a cop. Another important reason for taking the job was knowing that my kids would grow up seeing their dad working in a honorable profession. In fact I actually told that to the review board when I was getting interviewed for the job. I also defended police officers when I was around 16 years old, just starting to drive. I remember my friends saying things like you better watch out driving in whatever suburb because the cops there are dicks. I was defending police way back then challenging them to tell me how many they have actually interacted with and where they got there information. I guess some things and some people never change.

I also have to add that we are trained to "shoot to stop" not "shoot to kill" or "shoot to injure". It has been proven that a person’s skill level or ability to shoot is greatly diminished under distress so trying to aim and think to oneself, “maybe I can just wing him” will get you killed when bullets are flying by or perhaps hitting you. In fact when time permits and the situation dictate, our SWAT sharp shooters will shoot a gun out of the hand of a suspect as demonstrated a few years back. The news footage has been shown on national TV many times. Maybe someone here has seen the guy sitting in his lawn chair in the middle of the street waving a gun around and it gets shot out of his hand? That was Columbus Police SWAT who chose wisely to disable the man not kill him. This was after all the surrounding residence was evacuated.

cpldam, Maybe take a drink or two, that might be jsut what you need to chill out a bit. Just don’t drink and ride.

Old 05-19-2006, 01:04 AM
Retired Mod

hey guys, i'm not some online referee or do-gooder by any means, but i'm really not seeing the point in continuing this online argument. i understand the posting and replying to defend your choices, opinions, and professions but what can really come of it? nothing posted on this forum will change the personal thoughts and feelings of another member.

don't blast me for saying it, but.... can't we all just get along?

Old 05-19-2006, 03:24 AM
Banned

wow.. i have a similar story that i will make short.. got done at 2am with a buddy's 954 that i just got done fixing.. no plastics, no lights, nothing but frame and engine and gauges, i get it goin about 50... on a residental street, cop comes up fast behind me and turns lights on, i dont have a licence so i take a ride and hit it, take a nother right and i power slide through the turn, this time i am a block or more a head of him but the powersilde freaked me out and i didnt have lights and i no where to really go i pulled over quick got off the bike and got to my knees, told the cop i didnt know till the siren came on.. cop let me go.. no tickets. but yes i have learned my licence i will never run like that again

Old 05-19-2006, 10:55 AM

I can get along. I didn't thing I was arguing, I thought I was intelligently discussing the topic.

Old 05-19-2006, 01:42 PM

I just have to say as being a newbie to this site and seeing someone who is classified as a "senior member" to pull a stunt like this is a lil crazy seeing that you all do a great job at promoting fun and responsible riding. I'm glad that you made it safely dude but if it makes ya'll feel better this has made me realize to take my medicine if i'm ever in that situation...

Old 05-19-2006, 09:20 PM

hey wheelieit i live in scottsdale 101 and thunderbird. if you are looking for any clubs to ride with let me know. i ride with the christian sportbike association, its a pretty high pace ride though so keeping up can be a bit challenging for the novice. if you know about the pavillions we meet there once in a while to do night rides,again let me know if you are interested.

05 tribal,seems to me i may have started something that should have ended with me. i hope noone has any hard feelings and we can keep this a good forum cause god knows i been to some forums that get out of hand.

tribal i notice you seem to be on the forum alot shouldnt you be out like helping old people cross the road ha ha ha ha. youll never get me alive copper!

Old 05-19-2006, 10:33 PM

ORIGINAL: cpldam
Too much respect being given to police officers as if they are super human or something. After all, most of them are high school graduates & never attended any college let alone real officer school. So I do not why they call themselves officers. Some of them were nerds & got picked on in high school, so now they feel that this is their turn to pick on people. Others are too impressed & brain washed with TV & movie shows & think that they can be like Starsky & Hutch. Most of them have disfunctional lives & relationships outside the job. When you deal with trash all the time, you would think that the whole world is trash & then you become trash. Some cannot even hold on to real relatonship with the other sex. Every statement they make to their spouse (if they had one) comes with an investigative tone. They pretend to stick together as cops, where in real life they do not like the sight of each other even trust each other, specialy for back up. A cop pulls you over, say nothing to fuel his ego, stay quite, sign the ticket then tell it to the judge. They are all unapproachable for any question about direction or advise (unlike cops in foreign countries). they are all PARANOID at different levels to a certain extend. They produce them like that at the academy. "To serve & protect", yeh right!!! they protect nothing, if they did, there would'nt be any crime, & the people would not need to carry weapons for protection. & they serve whom excactly???? The cops at this forum know that this is true, but they would not admit it in public, for it's their jobs we're talking about. That is all the advise I can give you. FBI is a different story, they are educated college grads with decent training, dicipline, & a cleaner brain. Next time a cop bother you, or abuse in any tone or language in any derogatory way, sign the ticket then call IA (Internal Affairs) & report the incident immediately. True or false the incident is filed & stored in his file. A couple of those & he's out of the force. IA knows how to handle them very well. Also, try not to call each others names at this forum, we all have our opinions about different matters, & just because we disagree, we should not disrespect each other in any name calling, is that clear HIGHREVVER????
Is this for real???

Old 05-19-2006, 10:48 PM

i completely understand you down here in florida. The cops down here completely and totally hate bikers. I am here in the orlando area and for the past three months it has been a complete and utter assault on bikers. I even got a ticket for some jacka@@ blue top for sitting at a stop light with my face shield up. not even moving. he was a complete rude a$$ just like all the others we have encountered here. we were able to all get together on thursday nights downtown but they have now put an end to that since 400 bikers scare the little girls.... each and every time i see a cop here at a light or at the gas station while i am filling up, it reminds me of feeding time at the zoo. they cant wait to see if i do something wrong just so they can harrass a biker. Oh yeah, I get all the looks and harassment and i am one of the most cautious riders in our group. they just hate sport bikes here and this could be the reason why all the locals cheer for the guy being chased.

Quick Reply: 06 CBR1000RR & the cops last night