06 CBR1000RR & the cops last night

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 06 CBR1000RR & the cops last night

Tough crowd! Hey everyone has mental lapses in judgement but at least you lived to not do it again. Some peeps don't get a second chance. Make the best of yours.

Old 05-13-2006, 02:35 AM

What a nice made up story.

Old 05-13-2006, 05:33 AM

ORIGINAL: cbr_racin123

What a nice made up story.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all week.

Old 05-13-2006, 08:06 AM

Tough crowd. What is the purpose of the police chasing you, arresting you, towing your bike,& giving you a ticket? isn't it so you'd learn a lesson not to do it again? Well, I am telling you that I have learned my lesson very well. You guys never violated any traffic laws in the past? Never popped a wheelie in the street or risked anyones life including your own? Anyway, I just wanted to share my story with you guys, & advise you not to do what I did. unfortunaltely, some of you do not wish me the same. I've seen how bikers ride in the streets & on the highways, & that is why I decided to tell you what happened. But, obviously, some of you are elite bike comandos, & never break any street laws or make any mistakes.

Old 05-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cpldam

I will never do this ever again. I learned my lesson. But this cop should have known better not to chase a biker. I've passed cops before speeding, & I have many cop friends, they always told me that when they see a bike speeding, they dont bother chasing him, "let him kill himself", they say. Anyway, I learned my lesson now, speeding only on race track or maybe the highway. Good thing it was Metro Dade police & not the LAPD, over there they call for a chopper for jay walking.
Being a cop I should probably have had a different opinion when I first started reading your story. I actually being neutral hoping you didn't get hurt or hurt an innocent bystander until you said "But this cop should have known better not to chase a biker." That is when your ignorance really shinned! After the continuously stupid links you added to your stupid chain of events you have the audacity to criticize the cops? To further abuse a word used by my kids generation, all I can say is "Whatever".

Old 05-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tough crowd. What is the purpose of the police chasing you, arresting you, towing your bike,& giving you a ticket? isn't it so you'd learn a lesson not to do it again? Well, I am telling you that I have learned my lesson very well. You guys never violated any traffic laws in the past? Never popped a wheelie in the street or risked anyones life including your own? Anyway, I just wanted to share my story with you guys, & advise you not to do what I did. unfortunaltely, some of you do not wish me the same. I've seen how bikers ride in the streets & on the highways, & that is why I decided to tell you what happened. But, obviously, some of you are elite bike comandos, & never break any street laws or make any mistakes.
Three more comments from a guy who sees it and lives it from both sides,

First, the "purpose of the police chasing you, arresting you, towing your bike & giving you a ticket is because they viewed you breaking just a few laws they have an obligation and swore an oath to enforce. That's not to say they don't have the discretion to do what they legally want after they have legally taken your 4th Amendment rights away, like let you off with a warning or after that chase just giving you a ticket.

Second, you sarcastically ask "us guys" if we've ever violated any traffic laws in the past. I will be the first to admit that I wheelie, speed and lean my bike over to the best of my ability at least a couple of times each week but I do so first making sure the only one who will get hurt is me if something unexpected happens. And I am ready to take what is coming if I get caught, and don't think just because I am a cop our State Highway Patrol won't ticket me, it happens.

Third, continuously running traffic lights and stop signs, let alone in a city you are not familiar with, is not the same as getting the front wheel up once in a while.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:51 AM

First of all I do not know which links you are refering to. I did not add any links to my post what so ever. If they are there, it would bo something that has to do with this forum itself as I am definitely not a NASCAR fan or an attorney that fights to save your driving records, that's for sure. They must have been added automaticaly by google or something. I am inocent from all these links. Secondly, if I offended anyone through out this post, then I appologise for that is not my intention. As far as cops not chasing bikers, well here in South Florida, cops do not usualy chase them if they were speeding. I have seen this & experienced it with my own eyes, with the exception of last night. I've lived here for 20 years & this is my personal experience. Sure they can chase & ticket whomever they like, but usualy when a biker is speeding excessively, they do not chase him, unless the cop is riding a bike himself. It seems that most of you have not been in similar situations in the past. & if you were you would NOT have made the dicisions I made. But be that as it may, I just wanted to share with you my experience & the lesson I derived from it. Was it a bad dicision on my part? sure it was, & I keep mentioning it over & over, but some of you are still responding as if this is what I do & will continue to do. I was not boasting when I told the story, actualy I was admiting to you my nervousness, bad decision, & the lack of focus over the water & the control of the bike during those tense times. I am surprised that none of you have ever done any crazy stupid or risky things in the past whether by car or bike. Anyway, goodluck to you all & I really regret sharing this with you. In the future if any of you ever slip out of your perfection & end up doing something foolish or crazy on or off the road, remember the way you answered me on this post, it should make you feel better!!!

Old 05-13-2006, 12:40 PM

Aright here's my 2 cent's worth.... What are you doin out at 3:00 AM ????? cruisen ???? who the hell ride's around at 3:00 AM ???? hell Iam sleeping that early in the morning is a bad time to be out joy riding, cop's are lookin for drunk's at that hour, just lookin for them lone headlight;s comming down the road....any way I won't bag on you as hard as these guy's, but you had it comming with a story like that [:@] I can honestly say that I have not had a moving violation on a bike (knock on wood ) only have had it a year so maybe my time is commin, I can say "YES" I have on the occasion gone faster than said posted speed limit [sm=guilty.gif] it's hard not to with the bike's we ride,( my wife is a good deterrent to gettin ticket's cuz she would kick my *** !!!! and ground me ), but runnin is a bad idea[:'(] I'll spare the detail's...... glad no one was injured or worse killed, got enough story's on the forum of losing brother's.............[sm=smiley19.gif]

Old 05-13-2006, 02:44 PM

remember the way you answered me on this post, it should make you feel better!!!

Old 05-13-2006, 03:03 PM

Sure, everyone here has undoubtedly broken a law or two when they go riding. Nobody's perfect. But search the forum chief, you won't find many posts where people are bragging about it. If you do find posts where people are bragging about taking unecessary risks you'll also find a string of reactions similar to the one's you've gotten here.

I think it's safe to say that the group of people that submit to this forum are responsible riders that don't conform to the stereotype that public has towards sport bikers. What is the stereotype people have of sport bikers you ask? Read your original post again. It describes the stereotypical sport biker pretty well.

But what the heck. You said it to, we're all people here. And nobody on the forum should feel judged or disliked. I hope that you can see that you were lucky in this situation. Not because you didn't get a ticket, but because nobody was hurt - especially yourself.

Quick Reply: 06 CBR1000RR & the cops last night