06' 1000RR TIRE REMOVAL?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06' 1000RR TIRE REMOVAL?

DOE'S ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A MANUAL ON- LINE OR DOE'S ANYBODY HAVE STEP BY STEP REAR WHEEL REMOVAL INSTRUCTION'S. I HAVE THE BIKE IN MY GARAGE WITH A FLAT TIRE AND I NEED TO REMOVE THE WHEEL TO GET A NEW TIRE PUT ON, THE ONLY THING IS THAT I'M NOT QUIT SHURE WHERE TO JACK THE BACK OF THE BIKE UP AND TO GET IT STABLE TO REMOVE THE WHEEL. I DON'T HAVE A BIKE JACK EITHER. I'M A EX HONDA CAR TECH AND NOW AM A SHOP SUPERVISOR, I HAVE ALL OF THE TOOL'S TO DO THE JOB, I THINK! BUT JUST HAVE NEVER HAD TO REMOVE THE WHEEL OR ANYTHING ON MY BIKE DO TO IT ONLY BEING A YEAR OLD. I'M VERY ABLE TO PERFORM THE WORK BUT I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT I'M TAKING THE CORRECT STEP'S TO THIS PROJECT. THNAK'S FOR ANY ADVISE.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Default RE: 06' 1000RR TIRE REMOVAL?

wow it took me for ever to find this again but here you go....

This is the 04-05 manual, but the 06 is the same or very close to in the rear. See Section 15 for rear wheel removal.

Right Click & Save Link As
(its a .pdf file)

http://www.urg2.com/1krr/CBR1000RR.pdf

Since you dont have a rear stand than you will need to jack up BOTH sides of the rear swingarm and make sure that the bike is level and sturdy. Also make sure you got something between the swingarm and jack/jackstands so you dont scratch the swingarm.

GL - I hope this helps

Old 02-23-2008, 11:36 AM

For 1 a rearstand would make the job that much easier! Once the rear end is off the ground, place a board or something under the rear wheel so it does'nt fall when you pull the axle out. The rear wheel and brake caliper come off in 1 unit and separates after the wheel is off. Be sure not to squeeze the rear brake lever as you wont be able to put the caliper back on if compressed. Once the wheel is off, your sprocket will simply pull off the cush drive! Just place it aside and bam ready to get the tire off. Also your brake caliper sit on a slide on the inside of the swingarm, when placing the wheel back on the bike make sure your caliper is on the brake disc before you put the wheel back on. If assembled properly the wheel and brake caliper should slide back on in 1 peice. Fairly easy to do if your mechanically inclined. Once on the bike just put the axle back in but dont tighten it, then adjust your chain and then tighten the axle. Done like wooa. Hope this helps.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:40 PM

THANK'S YOU GUY'S FOR THE VERY HELPFULL INFO ON MY HOW TO, THIS WILL MAKE IT A WHOLE LOT EASIER SINCE YOU GUY'S HAVE DONE IT BEFOR. DO I NEED TO DO AN ALLIGNMENT AFTER I'M DONE? I THINK I KNOW THE ANSWER TO MY OWN QUESTION WHICH IS YES BUT JUST MAKING SURE.

THANK'S AGAIN.
I TRIED TO OPEN THE LINK THAT YOU PROVIDED ME BUT IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. COULD YOU TRY TO POST IT AGAIN.

THANK'S.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Luck with the tire change.

btw PLEASE STOP YELLING AT US BY TYPING WITH CAPS LOCK ON AND BOLD FONT. WE CAN STILL HELP YOU WITH normaltext.