05 CBR 1000rr - engine ticking

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok....so here's a vid i revved at 3k rpms toward the end for like 10 seconds...u can clearly hear it....the bike has 10,300 miles and the i recorded right next to where the CCT is....the camra recorded right...but the video came out upside down...so thats y it looks funny

VIDEO0002.mp4 video by rustynail17 - Photobucket

Last edited by rustynail17; 11-16-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ya sounds like the cct, and u adjust it whenever u hear noise again lol

Old 11-17-2011, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by JankCibberf2
ok kool, thanks ya ima see if maybe i just need to adjust it...idk

Old 11-17-2011, 06:17 PM

one more thing is that only when its the manual one or when its both...cause how do u tell lol...

Old 11-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the auto one adjusts itself... automatically, and when you hear noise ****s broke... the manual one manually needs to be adjusted, when you hear noise, tighten it

Old 11-20-2011, 10:56 PM

the auto one adjusts itself... automatically, and when you hear noise ****s broke... the manual one manually needs to be adjusted, when you hear noise, tighten it
Thanks man! I'll keep this in mind, Im getting it worked on right now

Old 11-22-2011, 08:37 PM

so...i changed the CCT and its still ticking is this normal??? its an automatic one but i can still hear it? The noise did quiet a lil bit but its still there...is there anything close to it that could be making that noise?

Last edited by rustynail17; 11-22-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:04 PM

Listening to the video, nothing really sounds of place. Of course, my speakers on my computer arent the best.

I know you stated that it just started making this noise, but is it possible you just noticed the noise and it has been there the whole time? Like I said, the 1000RR's engine of that year are very noisy.

You can look towards a loose bolt, leaky exhaust, rubber grommet missing... any number of things could have worked their way loose. It may just be time to remove the fairings and start looking for rub marks on the frame or fairings. But again, I don't really notice anything out of the ordinary in sound for that engine.

Something to keep in mind too. Motorcycle companies are constantly trying out new alloys and looking for ways to lighten motorcycles. A lot of the materials used in that engine along with how thin the castings were contributed to a lot of noise being transfered outside the engine. If there is a non stress part of the engine, it would have gotten as thin as possible, which would lead to more noise transfer. Just something to consider when comparing your bike to other bikes. It's hardly ever an apples to apples comparision.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:27 AM

That sounds Horible! But without being there it's hard to say if it's actual engine noise. As justasquid said, it could very well be something else rattleing around down there. Check all exhuast bolts and anything else that may have shakin loose. Sounds will travel. But it may be something in the clutch basket as well who knows.
It doesn't really sound like a valve problem, just something vibrating excessively! You don't have enough miles on it to say yeah it's a motor problem for sure. It is possible, but these motors are built to take some hard revs as long as it's maintained well. I would really just get in there and look around real good.

Or put some ear plugs in and Fahgenamounit!

Old 11-26-2011, 05:38 PM

Ok, I just finished changing my oil to put my bike away for the winter and thought I would post a video of my bike. I ran it at 3,000 rpms where the noise seams to be the most noticable. Maybe compare and see if it sounds like your bike. If this noise is what your are reffering to, it is completely normal for this bike. These were very noisy engines. If its not, my apologies as I really don't hear anything out of the ordinary on your video.

05 1000rr Engine Noise. - YouTube

Quick Reply: 05 CBR 1000rr - engine ticking