Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: winter gloves

ORIGINAL: cbrHurricane

you all must be freezing...[:@]
Not all of us http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking

Old 03-24-2008, 12:38 PM

R1000, I believe you're rinding in my area, and I'm astonished that you're riding your bike today as it's been extremely slippery. The news reports on almost chaotic situations in the Stockholm area and a lot of smaller crashes. Today at noon as I drove my car around Enköping (reportedly the most slippery), it was really tricky not to spin the wheels. (Kind of funny too )

Edit my question:
Are you using special tyres for the winter time?

Old 03-24-2008, 01:32 PM

I'm surpricedas wellabout the good road conditions where I was today, Köping west to Västerås east. I wasn't planning to use the bike at all this eastern due to the negativeforecast on thursday. I heard on the radio todaythat there was collisions on road E18 due to bad wheather, and I could easliy do wheelies on E18 with perfect grip...It has not snowed one flinghere that I'm aware of so this havepreserved the roads nice and clean.I believe road E18goes from Olso in Norway to Stockholm in Sweden so the bad road conditions could be quitea bit away, but they warned for slippery roads in Bålsta, whichis only aboutone hour from here.

Last spring I rode on slippery and a biticy roads in March when I went to dyno the bike. Guess where is was icy? In Enköping of course were the dyno is, around here it was just fine

Edit, my answer: No I use BT021's, but they have shown to be very trusty in cold wheater. When I used Metzeler Z6 ealier during the same conditions it was quite scary.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:56 PM

In Enköping the snow came tumbling down today, just to melt to water and freeze again into real hard, black ice. I Think SMHI (national meteorological institute) has made a few mistakes lately.

I've read in an old bikemagazine about dyno in Enköping, so I thought this was a few years back, but last week I saw a truck with something printed on the side, don't rembember what it was now, that led me to believe they are still around? Wouldn't surprise me if there was quite a few motorcycling magicians around. For example, I know a guy at Starol Racing came in second at road racing european championships in 1985.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:15 PM

The dyno I visited in Enköping is a private dynoowned by NC Racing. The dyno can be booked though. They are quite new on the scene but already hold some class record on the 1/4 mile on turbo bikes. I've also dynoed the bike on a conventional dyno at FUNBIKE in V-ås. It gave the same value, about 153 ponnieson the rear wheel.

Youwere right about the wheater, my wife just came home from work and told me she had to reduce the speed to 60 km/h on the 90-road...There is about 10 cm of snow outside now and I know where it come from, Enköping :-) I couldn't care less now, it has been rideable this weekend and tomorrow itis just a working day :-)

Old 03-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys make me ashamed of myself. I have acouple hundred mile round trip tomorrow and was not going to usethe CBR because it's only supposed to get up to 40 degrees Fahrenheit with blue skies, sunshine and dry roads. And here you are riding around in 6 degrees F and slick roads. Maybe I'll break out the snowmobile suit and take the bike.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:45 AM

Bad explanationby me then, I didn't ride at 6F, It was 34F when I went out on the bike. The lower reading wastaken when the cat was let indoors at 0600:-)

Old 03-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, I see. I'mchickening out even so. The weather forecast is calling for snow, and I hate riding in snow. Guess I'll take the other Honda - a Civic.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:11 PM

I just recently purchased a set of Tourmaster Winter Elites. I've been told by a fellow rider that (in his opinion) they're the warmest riding gloves he's every experienced without going to heated ones.

I haven't had a chance to try mine though yet as I'm waiting for my wheels and forks to come back from the shop.

Quick Reply: winter gloves