CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

winter gloves

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default winter gloves

What gloves are you that rides also during winter using? I have heated grips that are quite good down to about +3 to 5deg C,but they will not protect the whole hand when the temperature is lower. The hand cavity gets warm but not thethumb and finger tip.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: winter gloves

You could try the Oxford thermal glove liners - I am told they are very good......

Old 03-23-2008, 01:42 PM

Shadow, R1000 asked winter riders to comment. Seeing as its 40 flipping degrees where you are.......

I use GERBING heated gloves, after having the same problem with heated grips and wasting money on inner gloves (Hi Pete). Honestly, there is no going back once you have felt the warmth. They are waterproof and not to thick. Don't get an oversized pair as they give quite a light and can be loose if you buy too big a size. They are well worth the money IMHO.

Flogging Fhil

Old 03-23-2008, 07:49 PM

no heated gloves for me...cortech accelerators for me work fine here.
saw some, but just way to bulky for me to wear

Old 03-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just because I live in a sub-tropical area NOW, Flogger, doesn't mean I've never ridden in cold weather[:@] And I never used heated gloves in the UK- England wasn't cold enough !!......and I thought all you Peelers were tough ?he he
And now we know why your battery's always flat - heated kit !!
Don't forget, inland in South Africa it's 5500 ft above sea level, and temps around Johannesburg in winter get down to -10C. There's no snow,and the roads are dry because it rains in summer, so you can ride......and we did. Madness......

Old 03-23-2008, 10:22 PM

I am using a pair of snow mobile gloves. Those are totally wind/water proof and hand wiper on it.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

You could try the Oxford thermal glove liners - I am told they are very good......
Thanks (all of you), they look very good even though they come from the debated Australian sheep. I’ll order a pair from http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=3217if they are not available here.

I've now ordered a pair of Rukka gloves which I believe should be fine in combination with inner gloveshttp://www.rukka.com/lfashion/rukka/...p;Expand=1.6.4

Thecombo may be a bit bulky, but I want tobe able to ride even when it is very cold and thismay fix it.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:33 AM

Shadow, you are right (as usual mate!). I use a heated jacket liner as well!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 04:24 AM

This winter I've been using Jofama Tour de Force which are ok a few degrees below zero.
I believe the most important body parts to keep warm are the torso, neck and head. Then, as long as your circulation are ok, you shouldn't freeze too much. I know opinions often differ in this matter.
In cold weather personally I am more concerned with losing grip on slippery surfaces as the tyres gets hard and inflexible.

Edit: forgot the link

Old 03-24-2008, 04:48 AM

I guess the circulation is not what it should be due to previous smoking and abuse of hands when it has been cold. Thecurrent snuff consumptiondoesn’t help a lot either. You are right about keeping the head, torso and neck warm, I do but it doesn't seem to help my hands. I have noticed that the hands become warm very quick when the pace goes up (not necessarily the speed), this is probably a good sign of reduced circulation that is overcome when the hart pumps more and the hands are more active.

Edit, snuff linky http://www.swedish-snus.com/

Quick Reply: winter gloves