CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

winter gloves

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 05:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: winter gloves

ORIGINAL: R1000

I have noticed that the hands become warm very quick when the pace goes up (not necessarily the speed), this is probably a good sign of reduced circulation that is overcome when the heart pumps more and the hands are more active.
I think you're right - since I'm such a total amateur I guess my heart rate goes up just sitting on the bike, hence I seldom freeze when riding (plus the fact that I don't like riding when it's cold and slippery...)

Old 03-24-2008, 05:30 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't forget the legs.........confession time.......I once fell off my old 180 electric Yamaha on the way home - did a long stint on the bike in real cold, and when I had to stop, I couldn't move my legs, and fell over. And I lay there until my mates came by, and saw me........embarrassing but true.[X(]
Back then we couldn't afford leathers, so you shoved newspaper down the front of your jacket, and wore thick long johns under your pants.No fairings on road bikes, either. No fullface helmets....
My mate had a heated "flight suit" from a fighter base which was fine until we hit rain, which shorted the suit, and left him in a ditch covered with little red burn lines, and us laughing hysterically.......
Pse excuse thread hijack.....

Old 03-24-2008, 05:50 AM

Yes the riding gears were quite simpleback then. When it was cold, apart from the mandatory uglylong johns under the jeans, we were forced by our mothers to use the gloves depicted below. They were not wind-tightand very cold once they become wet.As forprotective knuckles, there was textile ornaments...

[IMG]local://upfiles/4562/D37AC22F9AE74A70BAB52F08892FDE75.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-24-2008, 06:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

Pse excuse thread hijack.....
You guys are hilarious!

On a serious note: what do you do about your tyres - do you put on chains?

Old 03-24-2008, 07:47 AM

[/quote]

On a serious note: what do you do about your tyres - do you put on chains?

[/quote]

Are you talking about on the bike????? [sm=massbounce.gif] Please tell me you are talking about cars now!!!

Phil (the one with the warm neck and torso thanks to GERBING!)

Old 03-24-2008, 08:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Flogger
Are you talking about on the bike?????
Of course, this is a forum for CBR 1000 F's, am I right?

Old 03-24-2008, 08:01 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you enjoyed the story, wasn't so funny at the time, he had to explain why one of the pilots flight suits smelt of burnt flesh, and didn't work anymore....
The roads are dry up there, CosmoBob, and if you stay out of the shadowy areas where ice from the night before might be waiting for you, it's OK, no chains...takes a LONG time for the tyres to warm up on the cold road surface though. I'm going to a rally in two weeks time, in a valley on the Highlands, and it is always around -2C up there at rally time. That's why it's called the "Chilly *****" Rally....he he It also rains most years and we're in tents.......
You'd feel right at home up there, Flogger, with all your "Gerbingalia", but bring your wellies, or we won't recognise you.....
I think we should start a "most embarrassing moment" thread.........?

Old 03-24-2008, 08:08 AM

Laughing my *** off!

Old 03-24-2008, 08:50 AM

Class. You guys are making this SNOWY Easter Monday a whole lot brighter!

But please, I am trouble even thinking about Shadow having a chilly ***** [sm=noooo.gif].. wrap up warm fella!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 10:49 AM

I found a cheap and perfectlyworking solution for cold hands today. I have a pair of unused winter gloves that are a size to large. I used a thin Hestra inner lining in themand tested the combination for almost two hours today. The temperature is just above freezing point but the roads here are completely dry and the sun was more visible than not. When I came home and took the gloves off both hands were warm. This means I have thrown about 100 bucks on the Gore Tex gloves that were just ordered.

I was a bit surpriced that it was possible to ride at alltoday; at 0600 this morning the temperature was -14.8 Deg C (6F)and it is now plus 1 C (34F).

Quick Reply: winter gloves