CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What Have You Done With Your CBR today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 05:23 AM
Ride of the Year ... Just Ask The Boys
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Have You Done With Your CBR today?

Me nothing,

It sat in the garage while i was at work, but i did manage to have some panels repaired and i bought new brake pads.
Not very exiciting, but closer to my goal

How about you?

Aussie johnno

Old 05-12-2009, 05:59 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rode my 'old lady' today , high winds had to lean it over into the wind but was OK. Will be picking up some oil n filter later , she's due a change so I'll get that done tomorrow 'cos rains a comin' Still gives me a chance to work on her , though it seems the moment I get her in bits the sun comes out Will probably bleed the rear brake and change the rear pads as well , unless the sun does come out.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:00 AM

Me, Nothing too. At the moment I've still got flu virus and even to go up n down the stairs in my house nearly floors me (hacking up jellyfish... Mmmmm). The most I get is gaze thru the window, just to make sure she's still there.
What Have You Done With Your CBR today?-my-view-window.jpg

Last edited by Mo777; 05-12-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:39 AM

well soon i am going to local honda dealer to get some stuff to start repairing her after the accident.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's see...

Last week, I cleaned her up...cleaned all the gunk off the chain and waxed and adjusted it. Then I stripped her down and did a carb sync. While I had all the fairings off, I used a magnetic pick-up tool and some pliers to remove all the screws, bolts, and washers that I had dropped down in her over the past 4 years....

Last night, i cleaned the garage (for like 5hrs straight!), so I could park the old girl (and her new frined) in a nice clean garage. Both bikes had been on my porch for the past couple months...I was starting to feel guilty.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:04 AM

I used mine to aggresively carry my right elbow through someones left side mirror this morning after they almost t-boned me trying to cut a quick left between two cars....where I happened to be riding. granted...I had to do a donut in traffic and chase the bastard down for their mirror to get in my way, but she needed a blast of speed to clear out the carbs anyway.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quite a bit actually
Went to work and back, only 50 K's, but at least I got it out.
I then pulled the left fairing off, looking for an oil leak which I found is the tappet cover gasket.
Pulled off the clock surround as my temp gauge had stopped working - found some loose wiring, sorted that. Fitted a new themostat unit and gubbins two days ago - dead easy - only two hoses to loosen and one side fairing.
Ordered a new camchain - gawd they've gone up about 50% in just over a year
Saturday the new one will go in - wish I had a new camchain tensioner or at least one of the new design ones, but no stock that I could find and at over 100 quid that's a bit steep as I've just done a new front tyre.....
Ah well, a day in the life of a Hurricane owner.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Talking

Well

Today I was workin from home, finished working, went for a quick ride, then came bacck for dinner, Damned after dinner had to go to the gym so i took my lady out and went to the gym comming back I live near and overpass, well i did enumber eights figures a few time to test my tires, well these new battlax bt-021 aint so bad really..

Tomorow going to the bike night from the northern part of montreal and o before have to go the gym and Oh i forgot to tell you guys

My lady is passing in a canadian motorcycle magazine, they always have a section for hem, older bikes!

Will tell you how it goes, i was on the road and this guy stopped me and started asking question about my bike then said, i remember when they came out, i went to japan for the introcduction . Huh what did you say!, this guy rode preproductions Hurricanes!

anyway will tell you later..

Old 05-12-2009, 11:03 PM

I looked at mine!

Quick Reply: What Have You Done With Your CBR today?