CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What a fork leg should NOT look like.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey those are a darn good idea, the link above doesn't work. I did note the pitting was only more or less along the front section of the fork.

The previous owner must have been tail gating something he couldn't pass..................a cbr thou probably?? lol

Would like to know where to get thouse gaiters from, would be very handy. Even If I cannot get 39mm ones, being plastic I could modify them by cutting and getting lastic welded as I have access to this equipment. Cheers.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:12 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ruaphu
Hey those are a darn good idea, the link above doesn't work. I did note the pitting was only more or less along the front section of the fork.

The previous owner must have been tail gating something he couldn't pass..................a cbr thou probably?? lol

Would like to know where to get thouse gaiters from, would be very handy. Even If I cannot get 39mm ones, being plastic I could modify them by cutting and getting lastic welded as I have access to this equipment. Cheers.
There are loads of them on e-bay UK, have a look on e-bay locally to you or see if the UK guys will post to you, they can't weigh much so postage should be cheap enough. Any problems PM me and you can get them sent to my address and I'll post them on for you.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:36 PM

Cheers Hawkwind, I have found a set on ebay and pm'd them for more details and total cost to my door, hopefully should hear back soon. Thanks for the offer too, awesome.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:49 AM

And, did you ever order them already?
I didn't hear you about them before, I do have a spare set of those protectors, with forklegs attached :-)

Old 01-01-2012, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by robvangulik
And, did you ever order them already?
I didn't hear you about them before, I do have a spare set of those protectors, with forklegs attached :-)

I got a set from the local wrecker to play with, worked fine until one slide down slightly and rattled around, I ended up removing them both, still kicking around the garage somewhere.

In all honesty a couple of decent pieces of cut plastic do the trick just fine, but ya need to use good cable ties with the steel locker, not plastic ones like I used, they tend to slip after a while.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:46 PM

Mwah, I put mine on with cheap plastic ties, and they sit tight since, well maybe the last century

Old 01-02-2012, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by robvangulik
Mwah, I put mine on with cheap plastic ties, and they sit tight since, well maybe the last century
Hey Rob, well done.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:16 PM

I was just trying to get 'the rest' posting here too.
Didn't work, as you well know

Old 01-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Senior Member & can cook minute rice in 58sec

i put a thin film of white waterproof HT grease all over the tube's as soon as i got my "F"

after a run i just wiped it all round again , down to the seal , then washed the bike.
top between the yokes was covered in it too.

got the bird and done the same, the seals push it up, and i wipe it down.

occasionally rub it off and replace it.

never done the seals any harm
and stopped any droplets of water doing any harm.

ok, i had to maintain it, but no more than oiling my chain.
one reason why i don't like scottoilers,, for lazy people. . and i prefer to check and maintain it regularly with my eyes.

Quick Reply: What a fork leg should NOT look like.