CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Want to live in the "Good ole USA?"

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want some of whatever you got going on dude It's cameras ... it'd take a helluva camera to get my tag pic on the bike to prove squat. When in a cage I usually do the speed limit, give or take. And whether in a cage or on the bike I stop at red lights. So sorry, but I don't have a crap load of sympathy for peeps not smart enough to avoid a camera.

But that's just me ... I could be wrong

Old 03-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude...that freakin sucks...I live in new britain CT and drive to new haven every day for work...didnt know they had those things...thats just not right...there are other ways of getting your taxes. I mean the redlight thing is fine...thats safety related...but trolling the streets looking for unpaid taxes...they charge a late fee if you dont pay and they revoke your registration...THEN they are allowed to tow your car...not untill then...

Last edited by swisherred; 03-27-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:19 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We have a spray for plates which reflects light when cameras go off.
Can't be seen under normal conditions.............
Beats riding with your foot over your plate (damned uncomfortable)

And we get taxed to death here too...............
A little rebellion now and then, is good................

Old 03-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll get the details for you, Nevada. In the meantime, a can of clear lacquer spray on your plate (remove it, lay flat and use the whole can) MANY coats - will distort the lettering, too.
The proper one as mentioned above has mica particles in it which reflect light.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:52 AM

we've had em here for some years now, stealth tax cameras, the arguement they like to use is that speed is a factor in accidents, well duhhhhhhhh, i would think thats obvious. cos if u wasnt doing any speed, you would be motionless, also the camersa will not (unless they are speeding) pick up the drunk drivers, uninsured, unlicensed, dangerous, drugged drivers out there. Also over here we have seen a marked reduction in traffic police, but a hige increase in these cameras, big brother is here my friends, and the monster is lose ( to quote meatloaf). something like 1 cctv camera per 14 persons in the good old UK, home of free speech my ****.

Get yourselves together and let em know ur not happy over there, cos u gonna be like here otherwise.

yes i am an active MAG member here, i pay my £20 a year, and wish more from this side of the water would stop moaning about it , and do the same.

Ride safe

Last edited by paul_r; 03-28-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:23 AM

Hey Navada, We had the cameras here in Charlotte for about a year or so and they took them out for a couple reasons. 1. The number of rear-end collisions went through the roof and was causing more problems than people running the red lights.
2. The cameras were owned and operated by a 3rd party private company. They didn't have the authority to charge and issue a legal citation. If you were issued a citation and did not pay it there was nothing the local or county government could do. I know because I never paid any of mine. I was issued 3 total.

I am also not happy with the direction this county is heading, but don't get me started.

Quick Reply: Want to live in the "Good ole USA?"