CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   Want to live in the "Good ole USA?" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/want-live-good-ole-usa-90161/)

CBRriderNevada 03-27-2009 07:12 PM

Want to live in the "Good ole USA?"

Read this article and think about Orsen Wells "1984" reading. Yes, Big Brohter is alive and well and he is growning. I worked for the National Security Agency under the United State Army Security Agency for almost 10 years! It pisses me off that we waged a war against Britian (I know you guys over in Britain call it a civil war, but you know the American view is propoganda and revolution) over taxes and now the whole darn country is being taxed to death and yet no one is doing anything about it. Here is the article. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1238...?mod=yhoofront
I may be in my 50s, served my country by enlisting during Viet Nam, but I can say I dislike what is going on with Big Brother today Yes, I earned the right to critize my country's direction darn it)!!!
I think I will learn how to use a sawed of shot gun with my foot over my licence plate while taking out video cameras!!!
Fixed my carbs, fixed the vacuum leaks and now my CBR starts without a problem and goes like heck! Nevada :cool:

chainstretcher 03-27-2009 07:47 PM

I want some of whatever you got going on dude:D It's cameras ... it'd take a helluva camera to get my tag pic on the bike to prove squat. When in a cage I usually do the speed limit, give or take. And whether in a cage or on the bike I stop at red lights. So sorry, but I don't have a crap load of sympathy for peeps not smart enough to avoid a camera.

But that's just me ... I could be wrong :cool:

swisherred 03-27-2009 07:52 PM

dude...that freakin sucks...I live in new britain CT and drive to new haven every day for work...didnt know they had those things...thats just not right...there are other ways of getting your taxes. I mean the redlight thing is fine...thats safety related...but trolling the streets looking for unpaid taxes...they charge a late fee if you dont pay and they revoke your registration...THEN they are allowed to tow your car...not untill then...

CBRriderNevada 03-28-2009 12:54 AM

What I have going on

Chainstretcher, when I worked for NSA, I saw the photos of the Chinese Army (my target identity). I could tell the type of cigarette the dude was smoking from a picture that was taken with a satellite from 22,500 miles above the earth! That was in the late 70s/early 80s. Now, the cameras could probably tell you how long the cigarette is!!! The camera technology is there my friend. If you look at Google Earth, you can see houses and their front doors that are under an overhang. How? No one is taking the picture from the street. It is all done from satillites! So, those cameras on the street stoplights can see through your dark shield and reconfigure your face as if you have no helmet on.
Want to look at Lake Tahoe, California's roadway for weather? Try this site http://video.dot.ca.gov/
Before I head out in bad weather, I look at the site for the road conditions (my cousin flipped me off while driving over Hwy 80 at Kingvale while I was talking to him on his cell phone and watching the computer/camera!). The site even says that it is a fraction of the cameras on the roadway in California. And of course, "Cal-Trans does not use the cameras for traffic tickets or for enforcement!" Right.... :eek:

Shadow 03-28-2009 01:19 AM

We have a spray for plates which reflects light when cameras go off.
Can't be seen under normal conditions.............:)
Beats riding with your foot over your plate (damned uncomfortable)

And we get taxed to death here too...............
A little rebellion now and then, is good................

CBRriderNevada 03-28-2009 01:31 AM

License spray

Hey Shadow, what is that spray for the license plate called? I would get some just to have it on hand...
Thomas Jefferson (one of the original "founding fathers" that made up the USA constitution) said, "The first 100 years, the government is for the people. The second 100 years, the government learns how to control the people. After the second 100 years, the government needs to be changed by the people." We need some change for the USA is over 200 years old.....:o

Shadow 03-28-2009 01:42 AM

I'll get the details for you, Nevada. In the meantime, a can of clear lacquer spray on your plate (remove it, lay flat and use the whole can) MANY coats - will distort the lettering, too.
The proper one as mentioned above has mica particles in it which reflect light.

paul_r 03-28-2009 08:52 AM

we've had em here for some years now, stealth tax cameras, the arguement they like to use is that speed is a factor in accidents, well duhhhhhhhh, i would think thats obvious. cos if u wasnt doing any speed, you would be motionless, also the camersa will not (unless they are speeding) pick up the drunk drivers, uninsured, unlicensed, dangerous, drugged drivers out there. Also over here we have seen a marked reduction in traffic police, but a hige increase in these cameras, big brother is here my friends, and the monster is lose ( to quote meatloaf). something like 1 cctv camera per 14 persons in the good old UK, home of free speech my arse.:mad:

Get yourselves together and let em know ur not happy over there, cos u gonna be like here otherwise.

yes i am an active MAG member here, i pay my £20 a year, and wish more from this side of the water would stop moaning about it , and do the same.

Ride safe

watchoutnow 03-28-2009 10:23 AM

Hey Navada, We had the cameras here in Charlotte for about a year or so and they took them out for a couple reasons. 1. The number of rear-end collisions went through the roof and was causing more problems than people running the red lights.
2. The cameras were owned and operated by a 3rd party private company. They didn't have the authority to charge and issue a legal citation. If you were issued a citation and did not pay it there was nothing the local or county government could do. I know because I never paid any of mine. I was issued 3 total.

I am also not happy with the direction this county is heading, but don't get me started.

CBRriderNevada 03-28-2009 10:43 AM

Camera thoughts

Paul_r, what is a MAG member?
Think of this. You had some good riding days for the last week and after work, you get home and there is a speeding ticket in your mail box. It has your license plate, your picture and an amount over the limit that you rode. You think back and say to yourself that you did not speed this last week because everything was going so well, you didn't feel the need to speed. The government says that their revenue is down lately.
What is there to stop the government from randomly taking pictures of license plates (10% or more) and sending out speeding tickets whether the vehicle was speeding or not? They have your picture on file and can "digitally" place your face in your car or just take your picture from the street camera. Now, you say, "yes, judge I was in that area, but I was not speeding." The government's judge who gets paid from revenue looks at you and says, "Guilty, next case." You did not get to face your accuser nor can you fight the fact that you were at that place, at that time. The question is how fast were you going or did the traffic department digitally place a red light in the picture showing that your drove through a red light.
You can not fight an inanimate object as your accuser! The traffic department would have to analyze the picture for the judge as a means of answering your questions that you ask of the inanimate object (camera).
I call this the "random tax act" that the government is installing with each camera they place on the street. Don't worry, you will only be hit with this "random" tax once every couple of years so that you don't lose your license. If you lost your license due to too many tickets, the government's random tax resource would dry up....
Your insurance company probably lobbies for these cameras because they get to charge you more for your "reckless" driving ways. They get the same rider with an increase in your premium even if you never speed, you will get random speeding tickets, which will increase your insurance costs.:)
The moral? Consider your ticket as a charitable contribution to your government! Deduct it from your taxes and call it even...