CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Throttlemeister Cruise Control For My Hurricane

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
I have The Throttlemeister also. It works great when you want to zip up or fumble around for change.
Originally Posted by NoBrains01
besides, that right wrist has more important things to do, loool.

Gaz
OK! Just for the record, when I said zip up, I meant the jacket. HA,HA,Ha,HA,HA.....

Old 07-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
OK! Just for the record, when I said zip up, I meant the jacket. HA,HA,Ha,HA,HA.....
Hey, if i can make something into a double entendre or metaphor............ i will

Gaz

Old 07-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you have a superb trip lined up Gaz ...........very nice.

ordering up a pair of T'mesters this week for an October trip of around
the same distance.

& Trout the rest of it's on you molars ......... told ya no biting !

Old 07-07-2010, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock
Sounds like you have a superb trip lined up Gaz ...........very nice.

ordering up a pair of T'mesters this week for an October trip of around
the same distance.
Can't wait mate, only 26 more sleeps, lol.

Where you going to Sprock?

Gaz

Old 07-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gaz

Back down to Tennessee(Tellico Plains) area US 129/ Skyway runs ...& then on to
the Barber Vintage Festival in Birmingham Alabama .........and then all the way
back home to Maine ....... gearing up for it atm , new meisters , genmars , rack
and Givi's ! coming ..........I'll be broke at the rate I'm going

New bearings f/r + steering head, new cooling T and hoses etc and a spanking new
chain..... valve adjust job and rear shock (if there's any dough left for that big ticket
item !)

Last edited by Sprock; 07-08-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:58 PM

Hey GUys,

Once the Throttlemeister is locked on can you adjust the speed slightly by moving the throttle without the thing unlocking?

Old 07-09-2010, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Sprock
Gaz

Back down to Tennessee(Tellico Plains) area US 129/ Skyway runs ...& then on to
the Barber Vintage Festival in Birmingham Alabama .........and then all the way
back home to Maine ....... gearing up for it atm , new meisters , genmars , rack
and Givi's ! coming ..........I'll be broke at the rate I'm going

New bearings f/r + steering head, new cooling T and hoses etc and a spanking new
chain..... valve adjust job and rear shock (if there's any dough left for that big ticket
item !)
The trip sounds great but i've actually no idea where most of those places are, lol. I've only been to Vegas, L.A, and San Diego so i'm not well up on other U.S. states etc. I did a little quick map to put on facebook for all the people that were asking me where we were going so i'll put it here for you guys too.

We've done similar things to our bikes to prepare them. Between us we've done Meisters, clutch plates, head bearings, chains & sprockets, plugs, filters, oil, flip screens, vfr helibars, tyres, givi's.
Couple of pics below of the 3 bikes taking the trip.

Only 3 weeks to go....................

Gaz

Attached Thumbnails Throttlemeister Cruise Control For My Hurricane-europe-route-map.jpg   Throttlemeister Cruise Control For My Hurricane-wales-6-medium-.jpg   Throttlemeister Cruise Control For My Hurricane-wales-10-medium-.jpg  
Old 07-09-2010, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Trips
Hey GUys,

Once the Throttlemeister is locked on can you adjust the speed slightly by moving the throttle without the thing unlocking?
The answer is yes, once it's on or even half turned, it won't turn off until you physically do it, no matter how many times you open or close the throttle. You can adjust the throttlemeisters when you fit them to hold the throttle as hard as you like when in the on position so it's virtually solid, if you want it that way. But even then you can just turn the meisters half on and it will hold the throttle on but not as rigid so that you can make small adjustments to the throttle to set your speed, then you can turn it the rest of the way to hold it more solidly if you like. I have them set so they hold the throttle quite hard when fully on so that i can lean on the bars without any risk of accidently closing the throttle but i do as above and only put them half on until i've set my throttle and then twist them fully on. If i want to make a minor adjustment i still can, but i prefer to roll them off a bit so that my throttle is easier to turn and then lock them agaiun when i've got my new speed dialed in.

They work brilliantly, and once you get used to turning them on with your little finger on the move they're easy to use too

Gaz

Old 07-09-2010, 10:57 PM

I have one of these on my 93 and it works great: http://www.amazon.com/VISTA-CRUISE-D.../dp/B000GZPGYE

It came on the bike, so I have no idea how hard it is to put on, but it can't be that tough.

I have this one that is uglier on my other bike: http://www.jcwhitney.com/cruise-cont...&redir=k232270 but I like the Vista better. What I like is that they are just friction locks, so you can still twist the throttle if you need to (or to make minor adjustments to speed).

Last edited by JHouse; 07-09-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by JHouse
I have one of these on my 93 and it works great: http://www.amazon.com/VISTA-CRUISE-D.../dp/B000GZPGYE

It came on the bike, so I have no idea how hard it is to put on, but it can't be that tough.

I have this one that is uglier on my other bike: http://www.jcwhitney.com/cruise-cont...&redir=k232270 but I like the Vista better. What I like is that they are just friction locks, so you can still twist the throttle if you need to (or to make minor adjustments to speed).
Hi, My mate has the Vista cruise control, which is the reason i didn't buy one, coz i'd had a go of his, lol. I found that if you adjusted it to hold the throttle more than a very small amount, when you turned it off it still restricted the throttle. Or if you adjusted it to not restrict the throttle when it was turned off, then it only held the throttle very lightly when locked on. It was enough to leave go of the bars (which is all that some people want) but if you wanted it to hold the throttle at a fixed speed and lean on the bars at the same time, it was too easy to adjust your throttle by accident.
Also, it was £35 for what is about 10 pence worth of plastic which i was unimpressed by. If it works for you and you're happy with it then that's a bargain, but just my own opinion is that by comparison to something like the throttlemeisters............ it's a "piece o' poo" lol.
By the way, you can still adjust the throttle when using the throttlemeisters as you can turn it on as much or as little as you like, it's not just an on/off switch, it's a screw thread so is infinitely variable

Gaz

P.S. Sorry to disagree with you but i couldn't advise anyone to buy the vista from my experience of it.

Quick Reply: Throttlemeister Cruise Control For My Hurricane